Note to New Members ×

Alloy D.O. 161 Review

It’s a technical carver for sure. Super quick edge to edge. I think this board could make the carves at speed but I’d be afraid to keep up with it over about 32mph. I loved how stable it was as a fall line board as the nose radius took over. I just don’t think I could hang on approaching the edge of a run at 40 and send it hard into a tow or heel without the board turning faster than I could keep up with. Stoked it’s staying here in Colorado just in case Erazz wants to trade for a run or two or seven... 

thanks again everyone! 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone ridden the 157 yet? I’m 170lbs, with an Alpine racing/SBX/slalom skateboard background...and I love to make lots of turns. 

I’ve  become addicted to the many Korean ‘technical carving vids’, and would love to move my riding style that way. 

@Alloy Snow USA, I’d love to see that shorter board make its way out to Utah, and I’m VERY excited at the thought of wider versions for next winter. I’m a size 9, but I generally ride mid wide/wide boards, so I can fully tip it over, without having to resort to super steep angles or risers. 

I followed the links to the designer’s blog site, and found some video of what I assume is a Korean rider, probably on the 157 (going by scale). I love this riding style. I have a Korua Cafe Racer, but want/need more effective edge, without a massive length increase  

Thanks! 

Edited by Emdee406
Omission
  • Like 1

I'm hoping to receive a demo DO 165 and a Sniper 161. Nothing confirmed but highly probable... I'll demo and review of course but also have them to put underfoot for anyone interested in these highly capable and quality built boards. The Sniper is an all mountain directional twin... I'm in Arvada so come and get it!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, piusthedrcarve said:

Awesome!

I can't wait to see your review on this year's. Shane is twicking other model for one of Korean National Team rider for next year model. CO riders' reviews on D.O. will also be considered too. 

Fantastic! A demo 161 is arriving here in Utah on Christmas Eve 🎅🏽

VERY excited to try it. I’m going to attempt to do a review as well. I only have a few opportunities to ride it, between teaching snowboarding and working for an airline... I guess my snowboard clients are going to have to pick up the pace! 😉🤣

• Like 1

12 hours ago, piusthedrcarve said:

Awesome!

I can't wait to see your review on this year's. Shane is twicking other model for one of Korean National Team rider for next year model. CO riders' reviews on D.O. will also be considered too. 

Thanks for your help on this Pius! Excited to ride it!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was able to get the 161 D.O that is here in Utah and man it's a super fun board. I run much lower angles that the other two who had it before me. 15 in the front and 3 in the back.I do have a much smaller boot than most. Size 8 so I never have boot over hang issues I did de-tune the board because it was sent out new and that had not been done. It really likes to carve deep trenches on wide open run's but when I did get near people it was easy to control. I feel it's easier to ride than my Saber. I would like to thank Don for letting me ride it. Thanks Don.

Vaughn

VM.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just seeing this, but I completely agree with the first response Excellent review I’m an avid hard booted and easily connected to your description I currently ride two boards: Donek Axxess/btx hybrid 178cm 26cm waist and a straight Axxess 172cm/. 24.5cm waist on TD3s Looking for suggestions for a super stiff 22-23cm waist board BX or alpine Need a sturdy board as I’m 250lbs and ride hard

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2019 at 7:25 PM, TJR said:

Just seeing this, but I completely agree with the first response Excellent review I’m an avid hard booted and easily connected to your description I currently ride two boards: Donek Axxess/btx hybrid 178cm 26cm waist and a straight Axxess 172cm/. 24.5cm waist on TD3s Looking for suggestions for a super stiff 22-23cm waist board BX or alpine Need a sturdy board as I’m 250lbs and ride hard

Pull the trigger on the 165 for 500+ship from polotburo... just shy of 26 at the waist but such a capable board for the price