Note to New Members ×

Carving Worth Watching

barryj

Almost 30 minutes of hard and softboot carving ..............really gives you time to look for specifics and similarities like stance, splay, angles, body and hand movement, etc.   A lot of the same riders and all seem to have a similar style.   Quiet lower body, hands mostly infront at hip level.   The better?/more aggressive  riders employing more body compression.

Wow...what I'd give for just One Wide Open Run Like These Guys are on!!

1 hour ago, barryj said:

softbootsurfer.........how old's that edit?   He got old school tight knees ...and makes it look good!

Buell - you been to June  this season?  I heard not much open.

Yes, it has been good. J4 and J7 have been fully open. Haven't been since last week though, it could be getting worse. High temps are probably taking their toll, but at least the early February sun is weak. Spring conditions now, waiting on snow. I know you are too.

12 hours ago, barryj said:

softbootsurfer.........how old's that edit?   He got old school tight knees ...and makes it look good!

Buell - you been to June  this season?  I heard not much open.

Barry, the Pure Carve crew has always used this style or one close to it...contrary to popular belief, they prefer a narrower stance from which to pivot...and people need to ride they way they like...he is not running gates nor have I ever seen any of them running gates...I have seen a lot of Carvers here through the years, there have been many good riders passing through, no one better than the Milkman though for relaxed power...IMHO

13 hours ago, softbootsurfer said:

Barry, the Pure Carve crew has always used this style or one close to it...contrary to popular belief, they prefer a narrower stance from which to pivot...and people need to ride they way they like...he is not running gates nor have I ever seen any of them running gates...I have seen a lot of Carvers here through the years, there have been many good riders passing through, no one better than the Milkman though for relaxed power...IMHO

I love Ahumada and crew's videos. 

As for the stance, everyone should ride what feels and works the best for them... Just... I don't quite have enough space on the Maverick... 

• 10 months later...

That was an absolute pleasure to watch!  The guy(s) in the lime green UPZ...damn...never seemed to fall into any chatter moment, always on his sweet spot.  I remember feeling that on a few days years ago, but cannot seem to get back to that...wish I could can what I was doing back then and always come back to it.  

• 2 months later...
49 minutes ago, Corey said:

That's a fun video! Such aggression. 

This is a trailer for a longer video, right? Are these available to buy in digital format? 

Yes I think so.

You're right.  Looks like a very cool DVD to own.

The other in the "series" the trailers aren't as good . 

91Zh5M+0pZL._SX342_.jpg

3 hours ago, Corey said:

A little fun at Loveland from earlier this week:  

I'm on a Coiler Revelation, 12/13m sidecut. 

nice, how are those new coilers doing? You must be bending the hell out of that board, those are some tight turns! awesome riding, as always!