Jump to content

Car nuts thread ?


Poloturbo
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 12/18/2020 at 8:22 PM, Bobby Buggs said:

How did the tune work out on the Audi Jack??

Awesome. The ECU upgrade is a must. +100 hp can’t be denied. I also did the TCU upgrade, nice, but it’s not as dramatic. 

Here she is with new winter rims and Michelin Pilot Alpin’s

7AF9F129-3BA0-4C96-8B13-EB1EC7A9961F.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jack M said:

Awesome. The ECU upgrade is a must. +100 hp can’t be denied. I also did the TCU upgrade, nice, but it’s not as dramatic. 

Here she is with new winter rims and Michelin Pilot Alpin’s

7AF9F129-3BA0-4C96-8B13-EB1EC7A9961F.jpeg

+100hp on a S4 is right there moving lol

Great platform to work on.

Needs pulleys and exhaust 

3 hours ago, Bobby Buggs said:

The Kids waiting for me in Florida. 911 has a Cobb tune, Pan already has 550 and theres no tunes offered at this time. spacer.png

Can't see anything 😉

But had two 911.

A 996 turbo on a cobb must be insane. 

Lapped Mont Tremblant track on a 996 tt chipped.  The brakes were awful but that was after a 993 3.8rs full race car lap running 10 sec a lap faster 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/20/2020 at 8:31 PM, Jack M said:

Awesome. The ECU upgrade is a must. +100 hp can’t be denied. I also did the TCU upgrade, nice, but it’s not as dramatic. 

Here she is with new winter rims and Michelin Pilot Alpin’s

7AF9F129-3BA0-4C96-8B13-EB1EC7A9961F.jpeg

Beautiful! I had a b8.5 s4 full APR stage 2 (full catback + dp's, supercharger pulley, roc euro intake, APR stronic flash) that car was amazing and i miss it. traded it in for a model 3 performance. Nice ride!! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Acquiring a vintage Corvette meant one less garage space for my day to day car.  It's under the 42" dump we got last week.  Fortunately it cleared quickly......

 

The socks in the tailpipes contain mothballs to keep the critters out.

IMG_4991.JPG

Edited by patmoore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Picked this 18' up this fall, it's got winter wheels with studded nokians, an S90 T8, so, the ice (internal combustion engine) runs the front wheels with 318hp from a supercharged turbocharged 2.0 and 87hp from the electric motors on the rear wheels, it had 20,000 when I got it and was at 27.5mpg and had never been plugged in, after 4,000 miles it's at 43.5mpg and before the cold weather my 7 day average was 94.2mpg, it runs pure electric, hybrid or all wheel drive, and it's volvo's luxury edition (inscription) I was in a Rav4 hybrid but got rear ended, got this till I can get into a rav4 prime with the technology package, could get a tesla, don't want to deal with a car that is propriety, but, can't wait to turn in the Ecodiesel and whatever to get into an electric truck, Rivian, 1000hp, 10,000lb towing, 500 miles per charge, they do 180's in place.

WIN-20201227-10-44-30-Pro.jpg

Edited by ursle
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Colozeus said:

Beautiful! I had a b8.5 s4 full APR stage 2 (full catback + dp's, supercharger pulley, roc euro intake, APR stronic flash) that car was amazing and i miss it. traded it in for a model 3 performance. Nice ride!! 

Nice setup. Might do stage 2 with pulley someday. Thinking I’ll keep the stock exhaust for stealth and manners. It’s my only car after all. I see a Model 3 in my future, how does it compare?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jack M said:

Nice setup. Might do stage 2 with pulley someday. Thinking I’ll keep the stock exhaust for stealth and manners. It’s my only car after all. I see a Model 3 in my future, how does it compare?

Nothing beats the model 3 performance in acceleration and the steering is precise without the floaty dead spot that the b.8's were known for. It handles well and corners extremely well.  With tesla you are paying for the tech, and not the fit and finish. Audi is millennia ahead of tesla in terms of fit and finish and quality of materials. And i do miss the Audi interior. I had to decline my first delivery attempt because it had paint chips, a dent and severe panel alignment issues. The second time around paint was flawless but i did still have to take it back a few times to have the doors adjusted. Of course, unlike a lot of tesla prospective owners, i did my research and knew to expect all of these things. Besides that i have had zero issues with the car. Once audi catches up, i might switch back. #firstworldproblems

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Colozeus said:

Nothing beats the model 3 performance in acceleration and the steering is precise without the floaty dead spot that the b.8's were known for. It handles well and corners extremely well.  With tesla you are paying for the tech, and not the fit and finish. Audi is millennia ahead of tesla in terms of fit and finish and quality of materials. And i do miss the Audi interior. I had to decline my first delivery attempt because it had paint chips, a dent and severe panel alignment issues. The second time around paint was flawless but i did still have to take it back a few times to have the doors adjusted. Of course, unlike a lot of tesla prospective owners, i did my research and knew to expect all of these things. Besides that i have had zero issues with the car. Once audi catches up, i might switch back. #firstworldproblems

Exactly, it's a sports car, it works great but has teething problems, how far away is the repair shop, here in NH it's hours, Maine it's hours, I want a 500 mile range, till then I'll go hybrid.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ursle said:

Exactly, it's a sports car, it works great but has teething problems, how far away is the repair shop, here in NH it's hours, Maine it's hours, I want a 500 mile range, till then I'll go hybrid.

 

yeah, i'm lucky to have 2 shops within 20 minutes of each other. 500 mile range would be awesome. I hate having to use superchargers. have only used them a handful of times as i'm mostly doing city driving. But i have heard and read about the horror stories of long wait times during holiday weekends. Honestly, i just want the autopilot tech in regular ice cars. It really is great for those trips with long highway stretches. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/27/2020 at 1:41 PM, Colozeus said:

Nothing beats the model 3 performance in acceleration and the steering is precise without the floaty dead spot that the b.8's were known for. It handles well and corners extremely well.  With tesla you are paying for the tech, and not the fit and finish. Audi is millennia ahead of tesla in terms of fit and finish and quality of materials. And i do miss the Audi interior. I had to decline my first delivery attempt because it had paint chips, a dent and severe panel alignment issues. The second time around paint was flawless but i did still have to take it back a few times to have the doors adjusted. Of course, unlike a lot of tesla prospective owners, i did my research and knew to expect all of these things. Besides that i have had zero issues with the car. Once audi catches up, i might switch back. #firstworldproblems

Interesting, thanks for the detail.  This explains why I saw a Model-X in the parking lot the other day with the wife outside knocking on the window saying "hey, the window's out!"  The husband had put the window up and it went up outside its frame.

I love tech so I would be buying it for that, and the acceleration of course.  Maybe by the time I'm done with this S4, Tesla will have upped their game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/29/2020 at 3:22 PM, Jack M said:

Interesting, thanks for the detail.  This explains why I saw a Model-X in the parking lot the other day with the wife outside knocking on the window saying "hey, the window's out!"  The husband had put the window up and it went up outside its frame.

I love tech so I would be buying it for that, and the acceleration of course.  Maybe by the time I'm done with this S4, Tesla will have upped their game.

I’ve come so close to buying a Tesla. I would not buy the Model X but people seem *quite* pleased with the model Y. If I owned a home I would prolly buy one, the only thing stopping me when I blew my tranny was the range / supercharger issues. I was driving back from Joshua Tree on Memorial Weekend and there was a line for the supercharger at the Madonna Inn that was like 3 hrs long (the only one around for awhile) and I was just like ... no thank you. But once the range issues and battery tech gets improved, I think internal combustion engines are going to be worthless. I like engine noises a lot but the simplicity and longevity of an all electric drive train + ALL THE TORQUE is pretty attractive. If I ever do I will be very tempted to try and find a RS2.5 and swap my foresters engine into it. That would be loads of fun.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/27/2020 at 8:23 AM, Jack M said:

Nice setup. Might do stage 2 with pulley someday. Thinking I’ll keep the stock exhaust for stealth and manners. It’s my only car after all. I see a Model 3 in my future, how does it compare?

Why not Y? Basically the same car but more suited for snow sports. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jack M said:

How so?  Does the 3 not have a folding rear seat?  I like the looks of the 3 better.

5th door on Y, as oposed to the small trunk lid on 3. Also higher ground clearance. Comes with standard AWD, which you have to take as an option on 3. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BlueB said:

5th door on Y, as oposed to the small trunk lid on 3. Also higher ground clearance. Comes with standard AWD, which you have to take as an option on 3. 

Certainly makes sense, but I'm a sedan guy.  I'd get the AWD of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, Chouinard said:

92MR2 - 2GR Spent more time on this than my board this season...for a number of reasons including poor conditions.

950374617_torquecurve.jpg.14551f46e390a9b4205a0b4f0fe5a4f9.jpgIMG_8261.jpg.21b71e8d5c2c0701d1975a7324ce554f.jpgIMG_8265.jpg.a6c8fb1a62d8473994bc936a364e6ceb.jpgIMG_0481.jpeg.43439b1278ad6b020d58e34586fbcf86.jpegIMG_0479.jpeg.5fbd5dba1eaebcb52789a7751c9ea87d.jpeg

Why the 2gr? Thought most people run these with a k20 or something

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2gr (3.5lL) from a sienna van is lighter than stock turbo with an aluminum block, zero lag and zero heat issues from over boosting. With revised ecu calibration, ported intake, tuned headers & exhaust he has about $14,000 total into the build including the car and it pulls like 5.0L.

Your thinking of a Honda engine used for dragging, a lot more work. This was literally a plug and play. Me thinks I might build a newer convertible version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2021 at 1:04 PM, Chouinard said:

Your thinking of a Honda engine used for dragging, a lot more work.

Yep! They are absolute monsters. A little fab work def required for the swap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

So, this rolled in today. I've got my work cut out for me and it's going to be rather expensive, but with a bit of work I can make this thing look and run much nicer than in its current state! Manual swap, paint correction, interior plastics, and a new engine and we're in business!

94SSM1.jpeg

94SSM2.jpeg

94SSM3.jpeg

94SSM5.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, RotorGoal said:

So, this rolled in today. I've got my work cut out for me and it's going to be rather expensive, but with a bit of work I can make this thing look and run much nicer than in its current state! Manual swap, paint correction, interior plastics, and a new engine and we're in business!

94SSM5.jpeg

I love the FD RX7! Such a timeless beauty. 

I assume from your username that you're sticking with a rotary engine? I'd love one of those with a more conventional engine! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...