Note to New Members ×

Intuition Power Wrap+

RobertAlexander

Finally got some new Intuition Power wrap liners.  I have tried top end tongued liners from good ski boots, but I have a metarsal bone that the tongue seam  of the boot liner, imo, will develop a bone spurs in short time.  I loved the performance of these top end liners and have in the past come close with a 90's Raichle stiff wrap liner.  But now that I have the Intuition power wrap, I can see that the power wrap is much stiffer, more firm foam, and imo, probably as stiff as I want to go. The calf holds very nicely, there is not any heel lift, even though there is a little extra room in the foot area.  But I need to test ride them on the hill for  a proper evaluation.  They are stiff and hold leg/foot solid during flex, but do not grab and hold tightly in the foot area,   weird but that is what is happening on the great room rug.  I got the power wrap plus , reason is , with earlier liners, I was stuffing 3 or 4 layers of cardboard pcs in the tongue , and using a small strap.   No cardboard is needed any more with the pwr wrap+. 

Edited by RobertAlexander

Spent some time in the new boots liners today, adjusted straps better.  And yes, I believe these liners are going to be good for me.  I do not see any reason to heat mold them,  they fit fine, and actually a bit loose around the foot,  not too loose,  no wiggle at all,  just not firm or tight in any way.  So why do a heat mold?  This is just for my application and foot size.   The big real test will be on the hill,  and already thinking,  after wearing them today, that I will get used to the firmness of liner, and like it.  Tell the board to go ,  and it will do so immediately.  Especially because the board is an MK, Forgot to mention,  the boots the Int liners are going in are Deeluxe 325,  so it stiffened the 325 up some, but not to the point of it being a 425, imo.   I will see, because I know someone with a new pair of 425, for a true comparison.    I think my goal is to get a stiff boot that also has a good flex to it, a boot that will carve all snow conditions.  A tough goal, but time will tell.  

• 1 month later...

The Intuition Power Wrap Plus (high volume liner) I got were new and 27.0 mondo,  this is what I was describing earlier.

But I luckily got a decent set of what I believe to be Intuition Power Wrap medium/standard volume , 26.5 from a lightly used set of Full Tilt ski boots,  that fit perfectly.    I rode these the first week plus and they seemed quite firm but had slight  squish ,   no heel lift , all is good.     The Power Wrap Plus in 27.0 also fit well, Thinking it is due to the thicker foam,  were my foot is 265L ,263R.

After having enough hours on the hill,  decided to try the Power Wrap Plus,   wow , what  a difference,  absolutely no kind of heel lift at all,  heel and ankle are locked right in there.  The thicker more rigid foam is able to transmit every movement of  the foot/ankle/calf to the board in a very powerful way, and also a finer feel is perceived from what the board is doing,  is felt from the  foot , particularly the ankle and calf.    These power wrap plus liners are just that , very powerful.  I did not feel any discomfort, but they are different, in that they are firm, and they are going to take a while to get used to,  mentally and physically.     When you initiate a carve, they do so very quickly.     The Power Wrap Plus may be too firm for , say an icy/very firm/hard snow day. 

The Power Wrap line can only be ordered in whole sizes, 27.0,  28.0, etc,    but for some reason  Full Tilt gets them in 1/2 sizes,  26.5 , 27.5,   guess I got lucky at the ski swap.