Note to New Members ×

Beast 2018

Bobby Buggs

I might shoot for one day in November if the weather stays good for making snow.  Going to Mt. Snow opening weekend for a WROD with every Jerry from New England is not for me.  I personally dislike Mt. Snow and don't see myself going back anytime soon under my own dollar.

• 3 weeks later...

I will likely only do midweeks this year, Mondays or Tuesdays most likely.  I am going to wait until they get a bit more snow blown too.  They should be able to get much more down now that the temps are cooperating.  Let us know how it is if you venture out this weekend.

Edited by *Ace*

I'm shocked they opened so early.  I went up last Sunday and was amazed by the lack of snow.  Its been pretty chilly at night these last few days so hopefully they will have more terrain available.  I bet it will be a bit of time before there is any solid carving up there!  But they have a pretty solid bar so i'll likely be up at some point for that!

13 hours ago, Atom Ant said:

Michael,  was short but sweet today.   Great seeing and riding with you these last few weeks! 

That it was. Sorry we didn't get a chance to ride much together yesterday.

On a personal positive note, even though conditions were far from hero, I was amazed and very pleased with how well I was holding an edge on the ice. I don't recall ever riding better on similar conditions before. That's two awesome weeks in a row. 

Edited by lafcadio

Sunday BEast report:  

Very limited riding.  2 trails open from the top. 1. Outback to Deer to lower Comp   2. Big Chief.   Coverage was good and made better by 3" of overnight snow fall.

It was good to get out to try new boards but if you stayed home or went elsewhere you chose wisely.  I was in the pub by 1:45.

Bad News: Wilderness Peak Quad aka the Exhibition Chair is STILL broken!  The ticket window didn't know when it would be back up and running.  They didn't make snow on Exhibition.

Good news: 5+ inches of new snow today.