Note to New Members ×

Never Summer Summit 167 - SOLD

cliffh

Selling my 2008 Never Summer Summit. Looking for $275 + shipping. The Summit is Never Summers powder oriented board. This board has only been ridden a few times. It is pristine with hardly a mark on the topsheet, clean base and edges. It was tuned a couple of seasons ago and hasn't been ridden since. Description: https://www.evo.com/outlet/snowboards/never-summer-summit-snowboard-2008

IMG_2950.jpg

Edited by cliffh
add pictures , SOLD

For the asking price and strictly as a soft boot powder board, subjectively the NS Summit 167 is just as good as the Nomad.  I have not ridden them side by side as I have only one set of bindings and it's been a while since I've ridden my much shorter 2007/8 Summit 161 vs my Nomad 164.  I have no experience with the Summit 167 and that is more of a direct comparison to the Nomad 164.  If I had the Summit 167, I probably wouldn't have bought a Nomad 164 as they are very similar in paper stats: similar effective edge, floppy nose, radius, taper and widths.  The thing I really liked about the Summit is it's playfulness.  It's a willing partner in the powder and wants to rise to the surface, I've tried to sink the nose and it can happen if you really really try in sierra cement, but any board can bury the nose if you're trying to do it.

The following review is of a newer model that has the Never Summer camber/rocker/camber profile.  However, the side cut and construction is probably the unchanged.  The board in this for sale post has full camber, but make no mistake: this is a powder board, it will not slay groomers on the way to the powder stashes as the set back on this is pretty aggressive.

Edited by breeseomatic
  • Like 1

one of greatest UNIVERSAL softie board - my friend owes me a lot of days on his custom 176 summit (classic camber, ca 2007+-) - and I rode even icy BX courses on it, and love it lotta more than my pair of f2 eliminators. if you want a board that will not suck in almost ANY freeride situation - here it is - you can carve ice and next day bomb steep bottomless trees on it. 167 is not for 200lbs imho, though

• Like 1