Sign in to follow this  

Just bought a F2 Silberpfeil.

I like to carve but kinda new with it.

What bindings you advice?

F2 Intec Titanflex - Intec Titanium or maybe F2 CNC race Alpine?

I've Deeluxe boots

Couple of questions will help make your needs clearer.

How well established is your riding stance i.e. angles, distance, toe/heel lift and canting? Some bindings are more adjustable if you have not got yourself sorted there.

Do you understand the trade offs between Intec heel bindings and standard bail bindings?

You can spend a lot or a little. I have a pair of F2 Intec Race bindings I bought second hand for not much that have lasted very well. If you're just getting started, spending less until you can answer your question above all by yourself is not a bad idea.

Welcome to Bomber. Look around, learn how to use the Search function, you've already found the Review section, there's plenty more in the general Carving Central forum threads on bindings.

Edited by SunSurfer

I know my stance.

63/57

50cm distance

I only know that the Intec bindings are a kind of step in bindings but are they less stiffer compared to the standard bindings? Do i need stiff bindings for carving?

Thanks!!!

As you're new to carving, the F2 CNC are probably overkill.

Generally speaking, a step-in binding with similar design to a conventional binding will be stiffer.  However the Titanflex has a cushioned base that adds some flex, so overall the design is of medium stiffness.  For me, the convenience of step-in is a major draw.  I would never go back to conventional bindings.  I own 2 pairs of the Titanflex plus an older version of the RS, and they have worked well for me.

YMMV. I have never used step-in bindings and never missed them. With your angles, you will probably be alright with Intecs. With low angles, the much higher lateral stiffness (compared to bail bindings) can become problematic, Titanflex or no. Note that for Intecs you will also need Intec heels. Those add some height, so you may want to use a bit more toe lift in front.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By forf.dawg
      I am selling a pair of Mountain Slope - Point .951 World Cup boots, used for one season. They are mondo size 27.5
      There is slight damage from the boot fitter on the right boot making the removal of the insert more difficult, no damage to structure or function of the boot though.
      Also for sale is a pair of F2 - Race Titanium  size Large bindings. All parts in images included.
      Asking $900 for both OR
      $800 for boots
      $200 for bindings
      I also have a 180cm x 20.0cm Kessler "The Alpine" for sale.
      PM for details or contact me with info below.
      text: 307-349-8630
      email: forrest.sawyer7@gmail.com

The Kessler board for sale

• By andrepierre
      Bomber TD3 Sidewinder bindings. $300USD + shipping.
      - Soft (yellow) E-pads and E-rings.
      - Comes with a 3° and a 6° cant discs.

• By Daniel Valmont
      Board is in excellent condition, used 1 season. This is a snowboard that is used with hard boots - not for soft boot use. https://www.f2.com/snow/boards.php?L=&da=1917&dk=46&db=11&name=Speedster%20Worldcup%20RS

• By Québec man
      F2 intec Heel like new 65$ USD
      Burton Bail Bindings 2 Pairs 120$ USD each or 220$ USD and save On Shipping.

Buyer paid shipping... I  Do Low cost rate.
      Not able to upload pics... try later
    • By andrepierre
      I'm selling my Swoard Extreme Carver PRO.
      I've had it for years, but I've only ridden it once and immediately decided to buy something a bit smaller instead. It's still in near mint condition.
      Asking for $500USD, including shipping to Canada or the US.
      Length: 175cm, Flex: Soft

• By JRAZZ
      I've decided that the future lies with conventional bindings (plates of course, just not step-ins)

TD2 Gold with steel step-in receiver, yellow elastomers, 0/3 degrees: SOLD
      TD2 with steel step-in receiver, purple elastomers, 0/3 degrees: SOLD
      F2 Titanium Intec step-in, I'll throw in whatever cats I have: SOLD
      Bomber Power Plates, red elastomers, 3/3 degree cants. These are new - as far as I can tell have never been ridden. SOLD
      I have an extra 0 deg plate and an extra 6 degree plate if anyone needs them.  SOLD WITH TD2s

All gone. Thank you for playing "Let's fund Jordan's new board" 🙂

Shipping is $15 for each if shipped conus (USPS flat rate medium box) 

• By dhamann
      hand tuned edges at 0/2
      never ground
      ridden 6-8 times
      asking 5hundred
      CONUS only

• By Québec man
      WTB 
      F2 race titanium in large ( the white edition )