Note to New Members ×

Vintage rides

Eric Brammer aka PSR

I have an older ['89] Sims 1711 Blade/Racing board, that takes pretty much only Sims Bindings of the era (these are Jeff Grell highbacks, used from '83 thru '91 by Sims/Vision), although I have one pair of Funky bases drilled to fit Sims boards. The older Sims [and Funky's, and Barfoots, and Kempers} all suffered from the 'wrap' idea in the highback, where the curvature of the highback wasn't enough material strength to deal with carved turns, nor heelside impacts off of jumps. It's a very COMMON Failure. Now, this board sat dormant in my quiver for 6 seasons [and, those that know me, know, my boards don't "SIT", they're Ridden!] because of the Highbacks being unreliable. I have fixed that, and, hey, here, I offer you a FIX ... 

Luv you all, but, you all are too greedy in sucking up my know-how. 

So, yeah, I got it, may you all somehow figure out how to pay me for the inspiration, or direct info... But, it's quick, easy, and makes your vintage Sims (or like model of board) go like heck!

Bye!

The baseplates were just as unreliable. I have seen many literally explode. I would rather take chance and drill newer bindings to fit, or make my own adapter plate.

And I think you have already given the answer in an other thread about which newer hibacks fit on those basplates without any fiddling... ;)

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎05 at 10:10 PM, Eric Brammer aka PSR said:

I have an older ['89] Sims 1711 Blade/Racing board, that takes pretty much only Sims Bindings of the era (these are Jeff Grell highbacks, used from '83 thru '91 by Sims/Vision), although I have one pair of Funky bases drilled to fit Sims boards. The older Sims [and Funky's, and Barfoots, and Kempers} all suffered from the 'wrap' idea in the highback, where the curvature of the highback wasn't enough material strength to deal with carved turns, nor heelside impacts off of jumps. It's a very COMMON Failure. Now, this board sat dormant in my quiver for 6 seasons [and, those that know me, know, my boards don't "SIT", they're Ridden!] because of the Highbacks being unreliable. I have fixed that, and, hey, here, I offer you a FIX ... 

Luv you all, but, you all are too greedy in sucking up my know-how. 

So, yeah, I got it, may you all somehow figure out how to pay me for the inspiration, or direct info... But, it's quick, easy, and makes your vintage Sims (or like model of board) go like heck!

Bye!

Maybe you sould go to this page : https://www.facebook.com/vplate