Note to New Members ×

UPZ vs Deeluxe size 28?

1xsculler

On 2/6/2017 at 7:21 PM, lonbordin said:

Just for the BOL record my 28.9 wide feet with a high arch fit in the UPZ 28's just fine with scarpa liners and home grown footbeds. So freaking comfortable.

They're very snug (not comfortable) with Intuition Plug liners and no footbeds.

Which liners do you use? 

On 2/6/2017 at 7:42 PM, teach said:

I evidently have about the same feet as lonbordin. They measure about 29 cm with proper support (29.6 w/o, I think) and the "size 28" with FLO "size 9.5" liners and a thin footbed (Sole Thin Sport) fits well. Best combination I've tried by far. Fairly high instep, super narrow heel/ankle/lower calf. I still have some heel lift, but much less than anything else I've tried.

People call the FLO liners "terrible" but in my view they're well-constructed, as good or better than those in high-end ski boots. So what's "terrible" about them? I guess they don't fit the majority of people's foot shape? Not a reason to advise others against them, unless you know their foot shape won't work. I'm happy they fit mine, since nothing else I've tried does the job.

A Scarpa is a model of Intuition liner, correct?  What is an Intuition Plug liner?  It really surprises me that a 28.9cm foot could be crammed into a 28 shell as my 28.2cm foot barely fits a 28.  Although I know some 28.5cm feet that fit 28 shells too.

6 hours ago, AcousticBoarder said:

Which liners do you use? 

6 hours ago, 1xsculler said:

A Scarpa is a model of Intuition liner, correct?  What is an Intuition Plug liner?  It really surprises me that a 28.9cm foot could be crammed into a 28 shell as my 28.2cm foot barely fits a 28.  Although I know some 28.5cm feet that fit 28 shells too.

I use these liners (Picture below- Code 10503, Mondo 30, P), if anyone finds any new old stock in 29.5 or 30 of these liners I will gladly pay a finders fee.  But yeah I think they're a rebranded intuition liner.

I measured my foot just a few moments ago... it was just shy of 29cm.  This is late in the day and I just finished boarding for the last 3.5 hours and it's measured flat on the floor so probably a bit swollen. (That's the tip o' my toe on the ruler in the picture)

Like I said before the inside of the UPZ 28 RC-10 shell is 29.6cm... (probably more like 29.8cm to 30cm) from heel pocket to toe pocket. So that's a finger width+, plenty. :eplus2:

Remember with a proper footbed most feet measure slightly shorter.  Also don't get hung up on Mondo point size... shells from different companies measure out differently for different molds/models.

These are intuition plugs-  https://intuitionliners.com/shop/plug/ Intuition's thinest and stiffest liner. They are really close to my Scarpas and I plan to wear them some on warmer days to try to pack them out.

Scarpas.jpg

almost29.jpg

Edited by lonbordin
forgot sumthin'