Note to New Members ×

sg new bindings - any early birds?

terekhov

22 hours ago, piusthedrcarve said:

One size fits all?  Any US/Noth AM distributor yet?

As far as I know, when I bought it, they didnot ask me for my shoe size so I assume one size fits all. The only option is different toe bail design. Option 1 is made for northwave boots which not too many people has in US, and option 2 is for all other boots

3 hours ago, yamifumi said:

Upz boots require A LOT of bias towards toe. I made a mistake of not knowing that at first.

Bias towards toe but with boots centered over the binding? Or do you mean that UPZ boots overall require toe bias, and is that on the rear and front foot?? Thanks for the info, I still ride in Deeluxes but am planning on switching over to UPZ as Im tired of them falling apart every season.

50 minutes ago, michael.a said:

Bias towards toe but with boots centered over the binding? Or do you mean that UPZ boots overall require toe bias, and is that on the rear and front foot?? Thanks for the info, I still ride in Deeluxes but am planning on switching over to UPZ as Im tired of them falling apart every season.

To be centered on the binding, the toe and heel block has to move forward. It is for both.

Edited by yamifumi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got a pair of SG bindings just recently and rode them for couple days.

First observations :

1. Little stiffer then F2s

2. Easier to change your setup quickly for the cants/lifts etc, without screwing up your front and rear bracket position

3. You can change the size of the bindings from S to L with 30 minutes effort, so If like me you are on the border line of sizes you can choose what works better for you.

4. Hex bolts for everything - is it an advantage ? I was once frustrated when snow has melted and froze inside the hex nut and couldnt get it out to adjust the binding. On pozidrive you just dig with it :P. Overall I agree the hex is better and less prone to slip, when adjusting at home.

5. Front lever design - anyone broke the front lever in F2s? Good news on SG - you can easily assemble and dissamble the front lever without taking off the bail or buying whole new bracket.

6. Is it a binding revolution ? No its an evolution, but a most welcome one. All things evolved vs F2 make this binding a  better choice. Its really good that you get all the mounting hardware, all lifts, cants in one set and the bindings come disassembled, so you can choose what lifts and cants to use.

Anyone gets frustrated when you get a brand new F2s, but have to take them apart and put them back together? Or if you need an additional lift you have to buy additional one from the dealer just to get all the necessary hardware, i.e. long and medium F2 screws? Original screws for F2 are also a rare find in EU.

7. Is it worth the extra $? Depends what you are looking for. If you are not on a limited budget then go for SGs as they are less stressful and are way easier to operate. By F2s standards you get two sizes of binding for a price of one.

On the other hand if you are on a budget you can get F2s sometimes really cheap from the outlets in EU say for approx 150 euros. 

Choice is yours.

• Like 4