Note to New Members ×

Whitetail / Liberty 2016-17

piusthedrcarve

40 minutes ago, FTA2R said:

You are a diehard, paying those prices for that shit.....I'm also impressed that you can ride that!

I had to. My kids are in Thursday's Nitetrailers program. Also, it was true condition to test your riding abilities and equipments. Sadly, I wasn't able to really carve all the way down. I got wimped out after few wipe-outs 

This week Thursday night is the last session of Nitetrailers. It's gonna be another not-so-good condition but will be there... again. 

2/16/2017

Last day of night riding for this season. 

Snow guns have been on for more than 12 hours and made a lot of them.  Although it's been very windy for last 24 hours, coverage was good. LimeLight & Fanciful must have at least 6" or more. Snow Dancer & Bold Decision were closed to intense snowmaking.  Snow was very slow around 6.  As colder and drier it gets, it got much better. The last week's ice link, SnowPark, was completely covered and packed well. Trenches were made at least 2" deep.  I rode with Matthew from 6-8 mostly SnowPark and went to Fanciful and Limelight to work on carving on little steep trails. Now he carves.  Good job. 

Little softer than my liking but it was the best 'night' condition of last 6 weeks.  Pushed hard today.  Around 9:30, I went for 2 more runs on Drop-In and HomeRun and noticed my legs are too tired.  It was good riding.  Folks!  If you gonna come out, come out tomorrow morning!  It will be the best condition for the season. 

For next 2-3 weeks, it will be warm. I don't know when I'm gonna come out again..  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wait, our season is NOT over yet!

We are gonna get good amount of snow for next few days.  possibly a foot in certain area.

• PA:  WT & Liberty are closed.  Roundtop just announced they are gonna open for another week. 
  • WV:  Canaan Valley closes on coming Sunday (3/12).  Timberline?  They didn't open enough trails to attract skier/riders for this season.  Snowshoe is going to open util 26th.  
  • VA: Wintergreen will be opened til 3/19 (9-5).  Not a good condition until 14th storm comes in tho.  
Edited by piusthedrcarve