Note to New Members ×

Carving.Wiki Survey

Carving.Wiki  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Is Carving.Wiki a Good Idea?

• Carving.Wiki makes me retch. You've got to be kidding. I think I just threw up a little. If making a wiki for carving was such a great idea, somebody would have done it years ago. This thing is an abomination and a misguided waste of time.
    • If people can be convinced to write articles, then Carving.Wiki might become a useful tool and a reliable source of information.
    • Whatever. I don't care.

Let's start making meaningful posts with objective information, if enough people say it should be a sticky, then we can sticky the post in a dedicated forum.  Then there is the super sticky, a post that primarily has links to some really awesome posts.

NASIOC has a LOT of information and it's all pretty easy to navigate and useful.   The fear of a wiki is that it's going to be hard to maintain two sources of info, the forum and the official wiki.

My dream is an updated wiki version of the Carver's Almanac. My nightmare is being responsible for the updating. Actually, that would be someone else's nightmare because if I were responsible for it, it would be riddled with erroneous and possibly dangerous misinformation. And would be quite short.

I've been advocating to have someone with more carving knowledge than myself take over and update the Carvers Almanac. It is what really helped me get into the sport 5 years ago. There is a lot of carving into out there already it would be nice if we could consolidate it all here.