Note to New Members ×

Bend it....

dredman

5 minutes ago, lonbordin said:

But not his rear boot

Yeah I don't understand that.  Then again I am not in my 20s and it is not my job to work out 6 days a week.  I got a pair of Salomon 130 ski boots a few years ago, thinking I could board in the morning and ski in the afternoon after conditions are shagged.  No dice.  I couldn't even snowboard in them, nevermind carve.  I contemplated walking down the hill!

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, west carven said:

howdy

random find... I hope he doesn't mine... Dave Dahlquist, Discovery MT... slight bend...

spacer.png

That would be the MCC poster child. Xavier Dahlquist!

and no, I don’t mind West.

Edited by Ohob
I didn’t mind

On 1/21/2021 at 4:34 PM, GeoffV said:

it is amazing how much those plates flex. No wonder there is a limited shelf life on them before they snap.

Yeah, when I see pics like that, I always wonder why would someone ride that, instead of an original Vist plate. They basically do the same thing, with Vist being cheaper and much more unlikely to break... 

13 hours ago, Jack M said:

Yeah I don't understand that.  Then again I am not in my 20s and it is not my job to work out 6 days a week.  I got a pair of Salomon 130 ski boots a few years ago, thinking I could board in the morning and ski in the afternoon after conditions are shagged.  No dice.  I couldn't even snowboard in them, nevermind carve.  I contemplated walking down the hill!

100 flex ski boots with a walk mode are the ticket! 

BTW, it's much easier to carve than "snowboard", in super stiff boots. 

Edited by BlueB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...