Note to New Members ×

Tahoe this weekend?

barryj

Trying to decide to go to Kirkwood or Mammouth!

Anybody coming up to get their Carve on this weekend??

I'm going to be at kirkwood with some friends this weekend. Was there last weekend in softies and had much fun. Not sure if the snow will be firm enough for carving or not so I'm still uncertain about what equipment I will bring.

I saw a guy in a pair of Head boots and a coiler at the top of the solitude lift last weekend and hollered out "hey what is that some kind of monoboard???" You? Sorry - couldn't help myself!

I saw a guy in a pair of Head boots and a coiler at the top of the solitude lift last weekend and hollered out "hey what is that some kind of monoboard???" You? Sorry - couldn't help myself!

I know the guy, he is not barryj for sure :)

BTW, I'll be in Kirkwood this weekend and at least one or two more carvers will be there (mennanov, Ladia). We usually start the day on char 5 or 6 depending on conditions.

BTW, I'll be in Kirkwood this weekend and at least one or two more carvers will be there (mennanov, Ladia). We usually start the day on char 5 or 6 depending on conditions.

Oh was that you?? Lulz — apologies again, couldn't resist!

Cool beans. I packed a carving deck into my friends truck today so if it isn't too soft I'll be carving. Otherwise I'll be screwing around on the softie setup. Sunnyvale eh? I am there frequently for work.

Edited by queequeg

Oh was that you?? Lulz — apologies again, couldn't resist!

Cool beans. I packed a carving deck into my friends truck today so if it isn't too soft I'll be carving. Otherwise I'll be screwing around on the softie setup. Sunnyvale eh? I am there frequently for work.

Nop, it is a friend of mine :) Anyway, I ride in black jacket, high-viz green pants and on a skwal - hard to stay unnoticed :)

See you there.

Aw sorry I missed you guys....From Squaw I gotta go all the way around the lake with Emerald Bay closed!...so that's more car time than carving time!  Heavenily is as about as far as I can justify driving time.

Additionally I'm having to stay in the Tahoe Basin to multisport these days as I got to train for a couple of 100 mile bike races coming up in early April and May.  I'm sorta stuck at Northstar for the morning,  then a training ride and then Boreal for night skiing if it's snowing, which it was when I crested Donner summit on my bike today!    Were supposed to get 6 inches here at lake tonight!

.........but let me know if there's a gathering next weekend ~

BJ

Nice meeting you - hope the rest of your day was fun!

Does anyone know if Homewood is ok for carving or not? Some friends are going there this weekend and want me to join but I've never been.

Nice meeting you - hope the rest of your day was fun!

Does anyone know if Homewood is ok for carving or not? Some friends are going there this weekend and want me to join but I've never been.

Nice meeting you too! I hope next time I will be in better shape to ride some good lines. The rest of my day was great indeed, I went straight to my car to take a nap while waiting for my friend to finish her riding for the day :)

I cannot tell anything about Homewood - I have never been there, but if you don't like it get to Kirkwood on Sunday, there might be 1-3 carvers there (including myself).

• Like 1

Hey QQ,

Homewood is the best for  it's glades and when there's pow.... in my opinion.

Not many big wide open runs that are long enough to let it rip...but fun for the money ....and it's more of a "locals" Mtn. 

Totally different vibe than Squaw/Alpine/Northstar/Sugar Bowl

You guys still coming to Kirk this Sun??  I might make the drive if Northstar is a dud Sat. 

You guys up for some Filming?? I got a couple of Handy Cams I would bring to film each other.

Mon. we got over 12 inches here at Squaw and when I went up to Boreal Mon. night in the storm it was easily 16+ and there were like just 5 people TOTAL on the whole Mtn.......it was great!   I stayed until closing a 9pm and was so dead but it was so good!