Note to New Members ×

Re-Entering Carving - help

FrankMass

I am new to bomber - great board!

After boarding a lot for 5 years in the early 90s, I've been mostly skiing. Back then in Innsbruck , we all had "harte Bindungen" with ski or touring boots. I remember the simple snopro on my Kemper board and get all nostalgic. I am looking for an easy reentry - maybe even on stiff soft boots...? I read about driver x boots on el hefe bindings. How about the board? Doesn't have to be radical but stiff would be nice.

I would appreciate any suggestions - live in central Massachusetts.

Come to the ECES! Or, follow where Bomber is doing demos just after it (I believe Okemo is their next stop). Anyhow, Bobby's suggestion and get on a Coiler (or Donek, Prior, or F-2) where and when you can. If you're not able to source out hardboots/bindings, consider riding a board that's wider than 24cm at the waist that's a freecarve or BX board, but with fairly angled softboot bindings. I prefer Hardboots for carving, and for ease of use, but also ride in softies often (indeed, I may be forced to use only softboots at this next ECES; knee injury) and with a good setup I can get some pretty decent carves in. Equipment has changed greatly in just the last few years, with a quiet evolution continuing in Freecarving. Get on it, and please consider stopping by the ECES!