Note to New Members ×

ECES Clinics

www.oldsnowboards.com

Erik,

My equipment is not optimum. I have read your linked articles on ice and the manifesto. I've been alpine riding for a long time with little to no guidance other than the articles on the Bombers Online website. My alpine riding has been compromised in the past few years because I've been pursuing snowboard instruction in soft boots part time. I'm looking forward to attending some of your clinics Thusday and Friday as well as demoing a new board.

Steph, I may be able to put in part-of-a-day, in Softies.I'm aiming for Thursday (got lil boots for CMC's kid) . That's about as much as I dare do right now, with no insurance (well medicaid, but..), I don't yet know if surgery is an option (they won't fix my feet, soooo..).

I always figured my snowboarding days would end when the chair fell off the cable! This is the slow way out, I guess..  ;-)

In reply to Alex, Steph, and Jack;  Hey, I'll be there for certain on Wednesday. We'll see about Thurs/Fri ?? I can't vouch for my knee, but I did ride with it like this the first season I was chasing/coaching L.J. (still in hardboots mostly, until she started liking BX), so with extra Ice, and a knee-wrap, I should be able to limp along. 

Thanks to all for your concern and good thoughts! I'm grateful. 

So, softboots will likely be what I'll be on, so my demoes might not jibe. So, for visual learners, I may have to just point out those around us who're showing the right moves. However, I can still give you concepts and feedback, and look into equipment issues (I always bring a screwdriver!). Keep in mind that while I'm there, I'm willing to listen and help, so 'clinics' aren't the only time you can ask for me to ride with you. I will make myself as available as I can.

All,

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news,

But Erik Beckman will not be able to attend ECES, do to personal reasons that have abruptly come up.

We wish Erik the best and thank him for all his efforts.

We are trying to put something else together in conjunction with Eric Brammer and possibly others so watch for further information here.

Alex

Hey, Erik, I hope all goes well! I know it had to be something vital to pull you off the snow...

For those looking for clinic guidance, I will be there. I rode at Sunapee today for a few hours, and the knee held up. I cannot absolutely promise 3 days, but I'm pretty sure that Wednesday and Thursday are in the works.

Weather-wise, it looks (as of 10 p.m, Monday) that the next batch of moisture will be snow on Wednesday with temps in the low 30's by mid-day, turning to a mix late. It'll likely be rainy that night, and fade off by mid-morning on Thursday, with temps in the 40's. Bring wet-wax, and/or Zardoz Not-Wax (which, I hope, is still to be found at Bromley's ski-shop), but no need for Soft-Scrub (leaves bubbles on the hill, btw). I don't think we'll be rained out, nor do I think conditions will suffer. By Friday, things dry out and are temperate (30's) through the weekend.

I'll see you on Wednesday morning!

Apologies to any and all who might've been looking for me yesterday (or today), but I managed to give myself a decent bit of food

poisoning Wednesday night... 

Well, go get some turns in.  I'll just be on the couch watching 'hear no evil' again...

And thanks again to everyone at the ECES.  You guys and gals Rock!