Note to New Members ×

June SNES 2016?

Wolfman

Just wanted to shout out to everyone that donated time/gear /effort/smiles/stoke. Carlo Naffarette, Donek Snowboards, Eric Diem(June Mountain) and every one that came out for a few days of laying trenches and sharing the stoke. It was awesome! We shut down a run, Broke a chairlift, chowed down some good food and drink, demo'ed at least a board or three, put some first timers on alpine gear and answered many questions from onlookers wanting to know more! We will do it again next year! Bigger and Better!!!

Edited by slopestar

I will be there too!  At least for Saturday.  I know most have a pass but will there be a group rate for lift tickets like in the past?

We can compare the MK to my 158 reissue.

Did you get to compare your MADD 158 (2nd/3rd gen?) with the MADD Killer?  

Did the MK meet the hype?

Any reviews on the various plate systems?

Did you get to compare your MADD 158 (2nd/3rd gen?) with the MADD Killer?  

Did the MK meet the hype?

Hi Erwin

Yes and it was awesome. It worked better than my 158 reissue.  It has a deeper sidecut with a wider nose than the MADD and the same width waist and tail.  Everyone I saw ride it was better on it than their own board.  I don't know what weight range it was made for but the other riders weigh at least 50lbs more than me. The MK has a lot less camber than my MADD also.  The MK was easy to ride but the MADD was better and quicker at tight slalom type fall line turns.  My Madds edges haven't been 

pro tuned since you had it so that is a factor also, but it never carved turns like the MK, even when I 1st got it, also the Madd is around 10-12 yrs old.

I want an MK really bad now!   I didn't get a chance to take it up to Deer bowl but have no doubt that it would have excelled.  There should be some photos of it in action.

If I buy one I'll let you try it on Geronimo next year :cool:

post-1480-0-57257700-1458708613_thumb.jp

post-1480-0-62270900-1458708626_thumb.jp

I am extremely busy and a total novice when it comes to photo and video editing,posting, etc... I did not take a lot of pictures but I do have about 5-10 minutes of raw video. I hope to get some time Sunday to put it all together and post here. Nothing spectacular but some good stuff too

I want an MK really bad now!   I didn't get a chance to take it up to Deer bowl but have no doubt that it would have excelled.  There should be some photos of it in action.

If I buy one I'll let you try it on Geronimo next year :cool:

LOL, free demos end up getting expensive.

Definitely interested in trying out the MK if you get one.  It will be good to compare the MK with my SG 157 Full Race.