Note to New Members ×

NOS Rad Air Tanker 172 & NOS Rad Air RS4 Bindings

scrapster

Note: This posting has been Jim Callen approved.

SOLD- NOS Rad Air Tanker 172 (2001/2002)- $300+ shipping

Get it while it's hot. Still in wrapper. I don't even see any shop wear. Made at the Volkl factory in Germany, this is a cap construction model. Reportedly one of the burlier cores Rad Air produced.

NOS Rad Air RS4 Bindings M/L - $100+ shipping

Also NOS with tags still on them. Metal ratchets and aluminum heel cups. Made in Germany.

Will sell as a package for $375+ shipping.

post-1910-0-64812900-1446953589_thumb.jp

post-1910-0-61793200-1446953611_thumb.jp

post-1910-0-93930900-1446953631_thumb.jp

Edited by scrapster

Scrapster,

That board has a solid wood core and an all glass lay-up (which made it very strong and damp). The two years before it had honeycomb stringers, and was made at the Elan factory in Austria.

Bindings were OEM from SP-United as they produced bindings for a lot of European brands in the 90's and early 2000's.

Cheers,
Sandy

Edited by svr

O.K., first, your timing of this sale; for ME!; truly sucks!! But I'm over it.. Kinda... 

Secondly, this cap construction should not, in any way, dissuade carvers nor woods-riders from looking this board over. My 162 of this model-year rode, while I taught (so, on-snow, Everyday, doing Anything I asked of it) for almost 7 full seasons before hitting a groomer-placed rock at Stratton. It got repaired at the resort's cost, and soldiered on another two years. I averaged, then, 190 days/season on snow, and that one board bore the brunt of it. In my time,  this has been the best board I rode in terms of durability and versatility, and was my third fave of all, what, 226 boards I've owned. 

Buy It,  Ride it like you stole it!

I am very interested in this, can someone tell me the difference between this and an old school Steepwater 171?  That is my only frame of reference for larger boards.

Thanks.

Off the top of my head. Wider, lighter, probably a bit more forgiving, slightly tighter side cut radius (smaller) .  Pros and Cons for both.  I think you would really like it!!

Hmm...

Buy snow tires to and from the mountain for epic powder days or buy an epic powder board and fantasize about riding while waiting for clear roads?

Sorry, this is easy.  Get the best tires and GO!!  Riding any board on good pow is better than NOT.  Be safe, show up.   Go riding any day possible!!

Hmm...

Buy snow tires to get on the mountain for epic powder days or buy an epic powder board and fantasize about riding while waiting for clear roads?

I'm sure there's some point on the "Age/Responsibility curve" where this question becomes a toss-up. Clearly I'm past that point, judging by the new set of Michelins in the garage and the glum, put-upon expression on my face.

Though, if this board were to magically grow by 15cm and expand by 2cm, I'd be saying, "f the tires; I'm going ripping!"

Edited by lordmetroland