Note to New Members ×

WTF 2016

snowreport: mon dec 07, 2015

howdy all

sorry closed

not feeling it

today is my day off, but woke up to rain early this morning then looked at the cam

and the fog was at the bottom of chair 6 so did not go up. it's 9pm and it's still raining.

forecast is a couple more days of rain then a cool down by the weekend. lots more

rain/snow so it's a good thing, but not fun to be up there for little runs and get soaking

wet. if not raining early tomorrow i'll go, but it should rain in the early afternoon...

snowreport: tue dec 08, 2015

howdy all

just as I thought, kinda clear in the morning with high overcast then starts to snow

some icy snow with some wind from the south. snow starts to stick on you with an

icy glaze and gets kinda wet. so called it early and as I was leaving it was light rain

down at the base lodge. conditions looked better as there was 6in overnight and 9in

in 24hrs., but we still need a ton more snow. first couple of runs was good on top

and kinda thick and wet on the bottom. the few runs that's open gets chewed up fast

even with the lite crowds. downloaded on chair1...

rode the amp5 from 9 till 11:30...

snowreport: fri dec 11, 2015

howdy all

worked in the morning and got cut loose early so up to the big. got on snow about 1pm

and it wasn't so bad, a little bumped up , but still carveable. snow is getting wet hardpack

so icy groomers tomorrow if it doesn't snow. forecast is saturday night and sunday should

snow and Monday should be good and cooler... russ street open, but I downloaded...

we need at least three feet of snow to open the front...

rode the amp5 from 1 till 3...

snowreport: sat dec 12, 2015

howdy all

urgh! it's Saturday, Saturday crowds,... got the early stuff, less than an inch of new

over yesterdays icy groom and knew the hard boots was the way to go and i'm never

wrong... sometimes!... foggy early than good vis with compfy temps than foggy by noon

so i'm out of there as the Saturday crowds builds... good crowds, but not so bad, I know

how to work the crowds, when to take a break, and when to ride... holiday madness soon,

but still taking it easy cause of the poor conditions so still working on leg strength... it's getting

better, but still needs three feet or more to open the frontside... forecast is dumping tonight

and all day tomorrow... still backside and maybe tomorrow chair 11 (flower point, chair 11)

may open. still some stuff popping up in the runs on the backside. frontside needs at least

two feet of packedown snow, but three feet or more would be good. pray for snow...

rode the 157fp from 9 till 12:30... it was the right tool of the day... had fun major...

snowreport: mon dec 14, 2015

howdy all

worked on sunday and I guess Saturday night dumped a lot and heard it was good

powder on sunday . this morning it was a beautiful sunny day and the groomers was

good in the morning than it got bumped up fast cause it dumped plenty. it was colder

and it was good grippy snow early on. tomorrow it should get groomed down better.

runs are looking better and it's been cold enough that they are making snow. another

couple more good dumps should get the frontside open. the good snow and the sunny

skies made for a great day. took russ street down and it was ok...

rode the 157fp from 9 till 1...

snowreport: tue dec 15, 2015

howdy all

really nice groomers, cold humid temps and I knew it was going to be good, but brought

the wrong board. wanted to try the 163 mfc donek again and a new to me burton wind boots.

the set-up looked fine, but it did not feel right. had a hard time with it then got kinda used to it.

it was cold with the foggy humidity and had to go in once in a while to warm up. very overcast

and lighting was flat all day. went down russ street... forecast is a few more inches tomorrow...

rode the 163mfc from 9 till 1...

snowreport: fri dec 18, 2015

howdy all

worked in the morning, got on snow at 1pm. it was cold and foggy on top.

tried my new softboot set-upso stayed on the backside and tried to get used

to it. there was a few times I thought I was going to catch an edge and eat it,

but the board kept tracking. if I let the board run straight it would haul ass. it

was bumped up soft snow with a few spots of still untracked pow. took it easy

and did a couple of t-bar 2 and a chair 11 and some chair 7 runs, also did two

runs down the front for the first time, still small stuff sticking out down low.

well, it's a fun board, the bindings are good, but the boots hurt my feet a little.

rode the 152 flagship from 1 till 4...

snowreport: sat dec 19, 2015

howdy all

no new snow and a foggy start, it was pretty thick down low. did a couple runs on chair 6

which was great smooth groom then did a chair 2 run down ed's and it was not ready.

huge manmade piles on the right and small pine tops sticking out on the left and little

rocks everywhere. took it easy and started on the backside then did the frontside and

the fog started to clear then some blue sky. carved good before the pond on toni matt

and after the bench. made some good turns considering the early conditions...

rode the 160speed from 9 till 1...

the chalet cam is back!

howdy cuban

i'm still in my orange jacket. johnasmo might ride the very end of the season.

i think he has a lot of p.t. to do and it will be a while before he rides again.

you are not missing much here, all of chair 2 is not ready. today woke up to

four inches of lite fluffy stuff. holiday madness begins, two weeks of hell...

forecast looks good, every day a little bit and hope by the new year when

everyone is gone the snow coverage should be good...

happy holidays!...

snowreport: mon dec 21, 2015

howdy all

well, sunday was a little warm here in town in the afternoon so I figured it would be

a little firm with some new on top and I was right. good groomers, but I brought the

softies so I could try to carve it. carves good on the toeside and a little squirrely on

the heelside. need to tweek my stance a bit. foggy all day and thick at times. stayed

on the frontside, mostly toni matt. slip'n n slidin and some kagayaking, goodtimes!

forecast is snow all night and temps are good for some lite pow... dumping right now...

rode the 152flagship from 9 till 1...

snowreport: tue dec 22, 2015

howdy all

woke up to 4 plus inches here in town, got up early so shoveled the sidewalk.

lite fog early than clears early and vis was good most of the morning. 7 inches

of good density snow, point and shoot the first couple of runs, good snow over

hardpack groom. epic pow and epic crowds, gets cut-up so fast and the bumps

really kicks my butt. tweeked my stance last night and today it was all good.

really enjoyed riding the softboots... forecast is a lot more snow tonight...

snowreport: fri dec 25, 2015

howdy all

merry christmas! santa came thru... 10 inch overnight and 14 inches in 24 hours.

everyone in a good mood, good quality powder and visability was good. first few

runs pow over the groom was so good then off groom was so deep. crowded, but

with everything open everyone spread out. after things get bumped up and huge

piles everywhere it beat me up and had to call it. what a great gift we had today.

all week we had good dumps everyday and the mountain is good and can only

get better. now I hope for no snow so it can all get groomed down so I can rip

some cord...

snowreport: sat dec 26, 2015

howdy all

clear good vis with lite overcast, soft groomers with lots of uneven dips and rollers

because of so much pow from yesterday. no new snow and groomers were firm in

spots and soft in others, right off the groom there were still a foot of pow. there were

some good sections that were very good and smooth. forecast is not much snow so

groomers should get better everyday... not that crowded today...

rode the 160speed from 9 till 1...

snowreport: mon dec 28, 2015

howdy all

lite snow all day and two inches over icy groom. it was good in the morning as you

could still feel the groom under the soft snow. then later in the afternoon as it gets

pushed around into piles it got too bumpy. ed's still has little bumps from the snow

makers. not too foggy and it was a great day of carving and pushed it pretty hard.

made some good turns and it was a fun day... forecast for tomorrow is some snow

in the afternoon...

rode the 160speed from 9 till 2...

snowreport: tue dec 29,2015

howdy all

wow! what a great carving day, but so crowded, it's holiday madness. I wanted to

stay all day and was going to eat at ed and mullys, but it was 25 people deep waiting

in line and that was at 1:15 so made a few more runs then left. very lite fog and blue

skies above, the inversion was setting up and lite fog in the middle of the mountain

at noontime. carving was good early on and some places are better than others.

made some good turns and really got into it. want to ride the metal, but will wait till

the new year after everyone is gone. forecast is not much snow and cooler temps

and the inversion to strengthen by the weekend... colder in town than the summit...

rode the 160speed from 9 till 2...

snowreport: sat jan 02, 2016

howdy all

happy new year!... looked a little foggy in the morning, but you could see the sun

shinning on the top of chair 2. the fog slowly moves down to the village and the sun

was out and blue skies above. on my first run on upper mully's I caught an edge and

took a header, kinda rattled me so went to the baselodge and tweeked my bindings.

back to chair 2 and still felt my set-up was wrong so rode a few more then tweeked

it again, still not right and struggled all day. groomers was good, but not great, still

small dips and small rollers. very grippy and gets lightly skied off. a long metal board

would have been a better choice for today. I rode the small 157speed bx and i'm not

in shape to ride it well, plus i'm using the burton wind boots that's very different than

my reactors. could not get my heelside to hook-up just right. well, the groom was

good and I was not... chair 1 busy, chair 2 not busy... holiday ends tomorrow...

rode the 157speed bx from 9 till 2...

snowreport: mon jan 04, 2016

howdy all

wow! what a great carving day. super high clouds and you could see the mountains

all around on the horizon. lighting got flat at times, but the groom was so good you

didn't have to worry too much about bumps. rode the coiler amt and it was amazing,

so much more smooth and fun to ride than the glass boards. hasn't snowed in a week

so the groomers are getting buffed out smooth. the holiday crowds are gone and we

got our mountain back, no lift lines. forecast is very little snow all week...

rode the 165amt from 9 till 2...

snowreport: tue jan 05, 2016

howdy all

icy fast firm groomers, super high overcast in the early morning. the sun was trying

to come out, but it never came out. snow got better as the day warmed up. had my

back binding too tight then after a few runs went to take a break to loosen it up and

saw the toe bail missing the toe shaft screw, good thing I was riding with angry rick

as he had a screw that kinda fit. rode a bunch more than took a cruiser down the

backside and as I was half way up the chair lift I lifted my board to look at the bindings

and saw the backfoot toe shaft screw sitting on the snow that stuck on my board

just where it fell out. so called it early just as I was getting into riding as the snow got

better. forecast is a small amount of snow on Thursday and a slight cool down by

the weekend... my first binding issue...

rode the 176vsr from 9 till 1...

snowreport: fri jan 08, 2016

howdy all

worked in the morning and got cut loose about 11:30 so up to the big. hasn't really

snowed since christmas day and the snow is getting a little stale, lightly chewed up

hardpack that's getting polished. hard jarring bumps and soft chewed up piles makes

for a weird condition. very flat light and some lite fog made it hard to turn it up a notch.

cruised around and carved a little here and there where it looked good. there were

snow making piles on toni matt just after the bench, I think the mountain is worried

that it could be like last year where we didn't get much snow after the new year.

not much snow in the forecast, but looks like something is coming in on the radar

by next week...

rode the 165amt from 1 till 4...

Sorry guys. Doesn't look like there is a WTF in my future. A series of unfortunate events before Christmas left my money tight and not much more PTO from work. Enjoy! Bring some powder gear! I'm sure the snow is good. We've had over 125 inches of snow for the season so far!

snowreport: sat jan 09, 2016

howdy all

great groomers but getting thin in spots, rocks popping up. fog moving around and

flat light all day. rode hard the first few hours than just cruised around trying to ride

till closing, but only made it till 3pm. not too crowded so stayed good all day. still

making snow on toni matt and I hope it gets groomed down by WTF16. couple more

weeks already!...

rode the 165amt from 9 till 3...