Note to New Members ×

Full Tilt Boots

JKarve

I came across the Full Tilt ski boots website the other day. Couldn't help but notice all of the specs are very similar to what was advertised for the Deeluxe line of hardboots. Has anyone tried using these for harboot carving applications? If so, care to comment? My main concern would be the boots fitting properly into the binding bails on a hardboot setup. Thoughts?

James

I have been using the FT's for almost 3 seasons. A really good boot for carving in certain applications. Great fit and warm !!!

Good for: When a stiff race board is paired with a heavy plate, that requires the rider to be on it all the time, this is the boot. It has more lateral stiffness that a Deluxe/UPZ.

Not Good for: When riding a standard carving board without a plate, too stiff, and you will twist the board with the leverage that the FT's will give you. 

I like the Drop kick version with the #8 tongues, because it forward flexed very similar with to a Deluxe/UPZ. Also the way to your foot sits in the shell, you have great under foot feel. This is also due to the fact that a FT has mostly hard plastic under the toe and heel, its a rigid feel. 

Hope this helped !

• Like 1

I have been using the FT's for almost 3 seasons. A really good boot for carving in certain applications. Great fit and warm !!!

Good for: When a stiff race board is paired with a heavy plate, that requires the rider to be on it all the time, this is the boot. It has more lateral stiffness that a Deluxe/UPZ.

Not Good for: When riding a standard carving board without a plate, too stiff, and you will twist the board with the leverage that the FT's will give you. 

I like the Drop kick version with the #8 tongues, because it forward flexed very similar with to a Deluxe/UPZ. Also the way to your foot sits in the shell, you have great under foot feel. This is also due to the fact that a FT has mostly hard plastic under the toe and heel, its a rigid feel. 

Hope this helped !

What bindings do you use with them? Any compatibility issues?

AFAIK, the original symmetrical Deeluxe hardboots (current Track 325 etc.) were a spinoff of a (then Raichle) ski boot. The Full Tilt boots are a reissue of those ski boots. Use the FTs for snowboarding, and you have come full circle.

And we've gone past full circle with the First Degree boots from Icelandic... be great to have more boot choices!

xl_BLK_Stormtrooper_1.jpg