Note to New Members ×

Board tuning at downtown Aspen?

Pokolikrat

I've had some minor tuning done by one of the shops right at the base of the AJAX gondola (either "ajax: the ski shop" or Incline, I think).

That said, I've had *much* better luck at Gene Taylors as Jim suggested. Yeah: It's a pain to go all the way to snowmass for this but they are better IMO. I don't know if you've been to Aspen before so I apologize if you are already aware: there is a free bus service that will take you between aspen and snowmass (it does take awhile to go back and forth though). I'd go there if you need any base work done. I believe that Aspen Ski Co will valet your boards from one mountain to the next - so you may be able to drop them gene taylors and still have them at buttermilk the next morning? Depending upon how early you get them to Gene Taylors?

Otherwise: I'm going to bring a full set of tuning tools with me (files, stones, guides, wax, iron etc ...), and you are welcome to use them if you like.

Hope that helps?

First thing I need to do on Friday is to put boards for tune up. Miserable conditions on Tahoe are brutal on board this winter. Does anybody have some tip? I can't go to Snowmass as Jim suggested.

thanks.

is there any place in tahoe or bay area that will do good turn? My board went to the same punishment. any suggest or recomendation will be great help.

thanks

is there any place in tahoe or bay area that will do good turn? My board went to the same punishment. any suggest or recomendation will be great help.

thanks

I've had some ok luck at a place in berkeley - "California Ski Company" I haven't used them for tuning, but I did have some bootfitting done there and they did an excellent job. They seemed to be pretty familiar with Alpine snowboarding. I'll probably get my next grind there because they seemed like a knowledgeable/dedicated ski/snowboard shop:

843-A Gilman Street, Berkeley CA 94710

Edited by queequeg