Note to New Members ×

New To Alpine Boarding

Monk

Hey guys Ive be boarding for a while I am looking to get into alpine boarding 

currently looking for an alpine board budget is a little tight but hoping to be able

to atleast to hit the sloaps once this year if not have more cash for a better board

for next season , I ride MSLM i try to go atleast once every week or other week

i currently have a ltd 151 snowboard im 5'6  110lbs not sure if this helps

Thanks 

Ali

Hi Ali, big WELCOME to Bomber Online!!   You found the right place to get things carving!!

Please check out some of the files for new carvers on the site. 

You might also check the "ride board" for your area.   It is ideal to find a local alpine rider to help with gear and tips. 

Bryan 

Ali,

Welcome to Bomber and welcome to carving.

There is actually a great group of people who ride MSLM. I try and ride ther whenever I am around (next date Saturday Jan 31st) ... There are a few local riders on the hill who are better connected than I when it comes to gear.

A place to watch might be: http://forums.bomberonline.com/index.php?/topic/38676-mslm/

I post here when I am trying to see what is happening at MSLM.

Also; there is an event on Friday Jan 30th - details here: http://forums.bomberonline.com/index.php?/topic/40878-southern-ontario-session-2015-you-should-come/

Good luck and looking forward to riding with you

T

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dingbat, was chatting with the boys yesterday about Mt. Blanc - not going because of SOS which is the same weekend. I chose SOS because it is close to family (not that you are not all my family too) and I want to see my sister and get her out onto the hill for a day. She has promised to hit MSLM with me on the Saturday which is exciting. You not coming to SES????

Hey Dingbat, was chatting with the boys yesterday about Mt. Blanc - not going because of SOS which is the same weekend. I chose SOS because it is close to family (not that you are not all my family too) and I want to see my sister and get her out onto the hill for a day. She has promised to hit MSLM with me on the Saturday which is exciting. You not coming to SES????

hey Tabatha i gonna be going to MSLM on the weekend as well 

That's cool Tabby. I'm psyched for you getting a day with your sis. Mine and her family were just up for MLK weekend. Love riding with the family. Have fun!

One girl, one board, one power!

Monk, Great that you're gonna get out with some other riders. Makes allllll the difference. Relax and keep your head up.

hey Tabatha i gonna be going to MSLM on the weekend as well 

Monk; Looking forward to meeting you on Saturday. We usually aim to be there for first chair lift and often end up on Promonade on the Moonstone side of the hill. Depending on what is left in my legs after SOS, I might be riding slow ... but my excuse is that I am hanging with the sister!

Monk; Looking forward to meeting you on Saturday. We usually aim to be there for first chair lift and often end up on Promonade on the Moonstone side of the hill. Depending on what is left in my legs after SOS, I might be riding slow ... but my excuse is that I am hanging with the sister!

Hey Tabatha sorry missed u on Sat i ended up going on Sunday instead

im usually on the St Louis side