Note to New Members ×

Southern Ontario Session 2015 - You Should Come

csquared

Although I have doubts about how many cruise this part of the Forum, I'm putting out my annual call for riders to join the crew on January 30th at the Osler Bluff Ski Club for a day of great carves, comraderie, and a chance to raise your game another notch in the company of some of the best riders in the province.

The proposition is simple: I book the date and line up limited Friday space at Osler.  You come an buy yourself a ticket.  You get the opportunity to ride with a crew that usually averages 50 - 60 passionate carvers.  All are welcome irrespective of ability, gender, age, race, political preferences, or hair colour.  We read our backsides off from the moment the tows open to high noon.  Then we dine together in the splendour of the log barn chalet at the top of the mountain (you can bring your usual bag lunch or splash out and buy a burger).  Then we ride all afternoon 'til our legs shake like Jello.  Finally, we repair to the main clubhouse for tall stories, nibbles courtesy of our friends at YYZ Canuck, and a pitcher or two before sliding behind the wheel with large grins to trickle home.  Racing is absolutely forbidden at the event.  This is about the pleasure of riding together and watching each other on the lift back to the top.  You can't beat it.  It's the best day of riding most of us have all year.  I organize this event because I love to bring the community together and because I think it creates a great opportunity to share the passion, riding technique, and gear knowledge.

You can reach me through my PM or you can leave me a message here if you would like to join.  Once I have your name and email address, I can get you into my mail directory and you will receive my notices about this and future events.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Flashlight:

I see you are from Toronto and I probably have you on my list for the event but I don't immediately recognize your picture.  Give me a clue...

If we have not exchanged emails, get me your particulars and I will get you on the list formally (failing which, you won't be able to buy a lift ticket on the day  :eek:

csquared;

Just joined the forum oday and wanted to take the opportunity to say thanks!  

I really enjoyed the opportunity to ride with such a large group of carvers! The great conditions and great runs at Osler really helped me progress my technique.

Thanks also to YYZ for the apres.

Cheers.

Peter

Peter:

Very glad you could make it.  Hope you can join us next year.

To all who came: you rip, every one of you.  One of my great pleasures is to hear members and staff the day after the event extolling the abilities of the riders they saw.  The lifties are particularly appreciative.  I guess watching skiers gets old pretty fast when you are loading a chair all day long.