Note to New Members ×

UPZ rc10 - WC RCR race cuff set

DonPablo

I rode once last night with the dark grey tongues and RCR cuffs. Conditions were very easy to hold an edge, so I don't think it was a real good test. Glad I went with the dark grey tongues, those seemed to add some lateral and forward stiffness. Still not quite as lateral stiff as I would like. I don't think the RCR cuffs did a whole lot. After taking the boot apart, I think the soft spot is right where to cuffs attach to, if the plastic on the lower half of the boot was stiffer and went further up past the ankle this would add a lot of lateral stiffness.

I don't think switching to steps ins will feel any stiffer.

depends if the flex you're perceiving is coming from the cuff, or the binding interface.

at 6'5 and 240#ish, i find my RC10's with black tongues, squidgy deeluxe thermo liner and stepins to be wonderfully rigid.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, no winning lotto numbers here...

I created an album on imgur

http://imgur.com/a/SNvZY

Board setup: 182 Coiler NSR; TD3 steps ins 65 / 60, 3degree (all toe lift) / 6degree (standard cant positioning); Bomber 4mm lite plate

Can't really see the canting settings on the cuff, they are in the middle setting which is the way the boots came. I've never had the change that on a boot before.

5th image isn't really relevant, but the plate flexes enough that my rear foot binding base plate digs into the boiler plate (I have the BP cant disks)

Can't really see the canting settings on the cuff, they are in the middle setting which is the way the boots came. I've never had the change that on a boot before.

you can marginally change the height of the cuff a little further with them, and of course the cant angle .. both arrows pointing down i think adds more height, but also changes where the cuff pivots from as well.

no more suggestions beyond that though, i assume the liners are pretty beefy.