Note to New Members ×

CARVERS GONE WILD" /OKEMO '05

Bricky

thursday 3/10: Okemo Skier/Rider Appreciation Day with a $39 lift ticket all day long! Saw this one in the ski club newsletter. Spring Demo Day 3/12

Sponsored by Mary Davis Realtor & Associates. This event is open to the public and features the top brands of latest gear from a variety of ski, snowboard and snowshoe companies. Ski or ride over to the Solitude Lodge and test-drive the latest in equipment for FREE! hangover sunday ? check out: 26th Annual Paul Holland Memorial Jack Jump Race at Haystack

03/13/2005

Come see head to head competition on homemade Jack Jumps. Just imagine coming down the mountain on a single ski with a seat on top!!! That's jack-jumpin'!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest nucarve

Nucarve just found out he has to work....no carve!!!!!i will be there on the 9th to 11th and will pay $40 for the "lesson",thanks for the set-up!:D

Guest nucarve

Hello blade riders,? how do i respond to e-mail from members on my home mail page?It just puts me on the thread and i see no way to reach the person that e'd me???Me dummy:(

I've been stockpiling $15 off coupons from http://www.harpoonbrewery.com/events/st_patricks_day/. good for sunday-thurs so not saturday but friday $61-15=$46. Also, Sunday at Mt Snow, bring the kids---On Sunday, March 13, we invite all kids and teenagers to take advantage of some of the best ski conditions in Vermont as we host another "Youth Pay Their Age Day."

What's it all about? Skiers and riders age 18 & under can purchase a full day lift ticket for a price equivalent to their age that day. Kids age 5 and under always ski free at Mount Snow.

Adding to the cool, winter fun is SoBe Beverages - a 'Lizard Lounge' entertainment area will be set up, where adults 'must be accompanied by a kid.' There will be music, free video games, and great giveaways for the kids.

See you here on March 13, if not before! Don't miss out...the conditions are AWESOME! Bobby Buggs $6 for JR!

I have started a Ticket Signup List, revised the Attendance List, "Get

Dialed In" signups and I suggested providing emergency contact info.

13 more ticket signups needed.

Do all of you Carvers LIKE to pay FULL price ?

Bricky

I can most likely make it on Sunday. My friend Dennis and I will by riding on soft boards with soft bindings, but railing carves every where. I'm leaving all my hard equipment at home to prove the point that hard riding can be done on soft boards. See You all there.

Count me in for the "Dialed In Seminar" as long as it's held Saturday or Sunday.

On an unrelated note, Verizon cellular works most places around Ludlow and Okemo.

Note to the guys staying at my place: The whirlpool tub is in and functioning!

Pat

Quick question for TonyZ or others who know Okemo...

I've seen/studied TonyZ's recommendations---much appreciated! I hope we can carve all of those slopes. I noticed some are black diamonds, and I've heard someone say they shouldn't be black diamonds.

Holly and I have barely graduated to blue squares...so we're obviously a bit timid about bolting down black diamonds.

Could someone recommend (in order of priority) the best blue slopes to carve? (Or should we just assume the blues on TonyZ's list are best and go for those?)

We're also interested in blues that have a "bail out" option at the bottom, and don't lead right onto a black diamond.

We can probably handle the black diamonds...but it's a question of "kicking back and enjoying it" versus "hanging on by our fingernails and sideslipping down!"

Some of you pros may not even think about this stuff...but some of us are still intimidated by really steep slopes!

Thanks,

Scott

Guest kriss

If I can scratch off a scheduled meeting I will try to get there thurs but use the skiier appreciation day $39 ticket offerred by okemo to all.I come from the albany area so can make it up and back easily.

Hello SWriverstone, Sorry for the delay.

Okay let see:

Originally posted by SWriverstone

Quick question for TonyZ or others who know Okemo...

I've seen/studied TonyZ's recommendations---much appreciated! I hope we can carve all of those slopes. I noticed some are black diamonds, and I've heard someone say they shouldn't be black diamonds.

Could someone recommend (in order of priority) the best blue slopes to carve? (Or should we just assume the blues on TonyZ's list are best and go for those?)

Scott

Not to worry about those Black trails. There is no such thing at this MT.

If you need an easy warm up run, you can do the lift line trail. This is right by the base of the MT. underneath the south Ridge quad. Plus if you need to rest you can stay at the sugar house.

Other "Easy" trails I would recommend would be mountain road to village run or blue arrow. Very good conditions on these trails. Plus it keeps you by the solitude area with an easy exit to the bottom.

If you do the south face, dreamweaver would be your best choice. A nice long easy trail off to the side of the MT.

On the other side of Okmeo, known as Jackson Gore, is Tuckered Out. Another long wandering easy trail. I strongly recommend Quantum leap. Only the very top 2 sections are little steep, but not that difficult.

A quick note to exit Solitude area. Take Lower arrow or lower mt road. You could do it from wardance but you need a little speed from upper arrow to cut over by Blackout.

Other than that, the ten best that are posted are good trails!

Please remember where you park your car. You can now park at Jackson Gore.

If you recheck the trail map at okemo site, you can see the locations of these trails.

IMPORTANT NOTE: For those who are staying or parked at Jackson Gore, you might want to do a quick run on Quantum leap instead of meeting the group by Upper Chief first thing in the morning. Not sure what the plan is. Quantum leap groomed is dynamite!

I hope this helps!

I am hoping to be there from Wednesday to Friday. Cheers!:D

Guest zurfer

I am looking at attending, but can only make it up for one day Wednesday or THursday.

Would sign up for "Get Dialed In" if it is either of those days.

I am also interested in demo equipement, as I have been softboard boarding for 12 years.

I have a pair of ski boots i could use that are flexible but would need board/binding setup to use. Boot size is 12.

I am sure if I see the right deal I will leave with my 1st board/binding setup , so anyone interested in unloading equipment I would be interested in checking it out.

I have been reading posts and watching the guys carve at Loon for too long not to make the trip. I did manage to get a buddy to the WTC eventh this past weekend in Park City and he had a great time.

Bricky - I will need a ticket for one - but let me make sure i have a good chance of demo'ing equipment.

thanks for answering my questions in advance -

Mark

Originally posted by Bobby Buggs

Does anyone have a spot close to Okemo for a brokendown Bobby Buggs?

I think Ronski and Elliot are staying at the round house at Jackson Gore. Give him a call. I'm sure they can fit you in the closet somewhere. LOL:D

What you mean brokendown? Hurt yourself?

:eek:

My ski club lodge has a couple of bunks available Wednesday and Thursday night only at $25/night. It's in a room with four bunk beds. Bring your own bedding and towels. Bring nosestrips if you're a snorer and earplugs if you aren't. There's a great bakery less than a half mile away for breakfast.

Saturday night only I have two bunks left at my condo - no cost. Both the lodge and my place are in Proctorsville five miles from Okemo.

E-mail me ASAP if you want one of these spots before they are gone. Sorry I don't have anything available for Friday night.

Pat

FYI --- Holly and I are driving up from West Virginia Tuesday night and be there through Friday night...(staying at the Best Western in Ludlow)...but we've got to leave Saturday morning. :(

So we hope there will be some folks around during the week, and all the big events aren't planned for the weekend!

Scott (and Holly)

I'll be riding all day. I'll be on the mountain at 9 when the lifts start and will plan to run down to the lodge around 10 to look for any other carvers. Hope to see some on Wednesday.

If anyone is going to be at SUnapee Tuesday the 8th I'll be there all day as well, although we may be getting rain tonight but I hoping it will be heavy wet powder this far north.

Eric

Originally posted by SWriverstone

Thanks for the additional info Zcarver!

Scott

No problem and safe trip coming up!

Originally posted by EZE

I'll be riding all day. I'll be on the mountain at 9 when the lifts start and will plan to run down to the lodge around 10 to look for any other carvers. Hope to see some on Wednesday.

If anyone is going to be at SUnapee Tuesday the 8th I'll be there all day as well, although we may be getting rain tonight but I hoping it will be heavy wet powder this far north.

Eric

I should be on the MT by 9 too. I'm leaving tomorrow early. Look for some carving G's by the Chief. I'm giving the early bird riders a tour. Ronski and Elliot will be there as well!

See you all soon!:D