Note to New Members ×

Durable gloves?

johnstewart

I like the gloves I'm using, but no pair I've never had has survuved much more than a season of boarding. I always seem to rip the tips of the fingers out, which never seem to be well-reinforced.

I usually end up having them patched by the shoe-repair place, who put in leather tips in the spots where they tear out.

I see Reliable Racing is having a sale:

http://www.reliableracing.com/wintersportscatalog/012105.cfm?cat=glovesandmitts&sh=Gloves%20and%20Mitts

Can anyone recommend any gloves here which are TOUGH, especially in the fingertips?

thanks

my level halfpipes are pretty old, and still in good shape because the fingertips are covered with massive rubber. they dont stink and are waterresistend due to goretex. i d buy them again.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/search/vendor_results.asp?gender=1%2C9&gender=2%2C9&gender=3%2C4&gender=0&ShowImages=yes&brand=15265&submit5=Search+Brand+Names%21

OR's gear is super durible.

My gf recently bought me the goretex modular mitt shells off that site, aparently for about $30. At that price they're an absoulte steal. Overall impression is that they'd probibly stop a bullet.

If you're more of a glove person the dry ice glove for $55 there seems a pretty great deal.

Nitrogen N2 78.084%

Oxygen O2 20.947%

Argon Ar 0.934%

Carbon Dioxide CO2 0.033%

Neon Ne 18.2 parts per million

Helium He 5.2 parts per million

Krypton Kr 1.1 parts per million

Sulfur dioxide SO2 1.0 parts per million

Methane CH4 2.0 parts per million

Hydrogen H2 0.5 parts per million

Nitrous Oxide N2O 0.5 parts per million

Xenon Xe 0.09 parts per million

Ozone O3 0.07 parts per million

Nitrogen dioxide NO2 0.02 parts per million

Iodine I2 0.01 parts per million

Carbon monoxide CO trace

Ammonia NH3 trace

Ever since I've kept this compound between my mitt and the snow, I have seen little or no wear! Go figure.... [/b]

I'd have to agree. Once I started keeping this compound between my gloves and the snow/edges of the board/trees/ice....I've seen a much better durability out of my gloves.

I just got a pair of NorthFace gloves this season, they're really stiff, so you sometimes have to take off the outer glove and leave on the liner to get your bindings on, but so far they've held up decently.

I used to destroy 3 or 4 pairs of gloves a season, and end up riding with fingers my palm exposed! These new ones have a layer of protective material in all the right spots, and it looks like I won't have to perform much surgery on them as the season goes on.

Guest silversurf
Originally posted by $trider

Nitrogen N2 78.084%

Oxygen O2 20.947%

Argon Ar 0.934%

Carbon Dioxide CO2 0.033%

Neon Ne 18.2 parts per million

Helium He 5.2 parts per million

Krypton Kr 1.1 parts per million

Sulfur dioxide SO2 1.0 parts per million

Methane CH4 2.0 parts per million

Hydrogen H2 0.5 parts per million

Nitrous Oxide N2O 0.5 parts per million

Xenon Xe 0.09 parts per million

Ozone O3 0.07 parts per million

Nitrogen dioxide NO2 0.02 parts per million

Iodine I2 0.01 parts per million

Carbon monoxide CO trace

Ammonia NH3 trace

Ever since I've kept this compound between my mitt and the snow, I have seen little or no wear! Go figure....

I'd have to agree. Once I started keeping this compound between my gloves and the snow/edges of the board/trees/ice....I've seen a much better durability out of my gloves.

I think there's a company called "Atmosphere" that markets this stuff.

-c

This is my 4th season of carving with these Burton gloves.

I used to have to touch-up them up every few days with Shoe Goo. This year I glued on p-tex and now I only have to touch up the area not covered by the p-tex every few weeks.

I got the p-tex idea from the Swiss EC Boyz, and the p-tex material from www.snowboardmaterials.com.

1ex3xu

We've found and experiment since last season a rubber like thing called aquaglutene, or polyglut. Its way more flexy than shoogoo, and it resists abrasion way better than the glove.

We apply it on the parts that need cover/protection with fine layers ( each dry within few mins ) and touch ups are easy done. Something good it the product is black.

It is used usually by diver shops to repair neoprene suits, especially those used by kayakists and hydrospeed people. It is for sale there usually, but also some fly fishing people use the stuff for their waders to repair holes.

I have no clue what the english name of the product can be !!

Nils