Note to New Members ×

Sochi Olympics videos

SunSurfer

Sochi videos are starting to appear on the official Olympics video channel.

I cut and pasted embed code from another video to overcome the disabled embed button on YouTube for these summary videos of the mens & womens Parallel Slalom finals.

Hopefully full replays of the mens & womens slalom & giant slalom will appear soon.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bI-FhmBqy9c" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1TTDRUmj0pg" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Edited by SunSurfer

• 5 months later...

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxOLZ1CjGcj4T2ZGU2h5emJnNDg&usp=sharing

In NZ free-to-air television had limited coverage of alpine snowboarding at Sochi.

PGS was mostly the 2nd runs of the finals. (I have some of the ladies qualifying that I haven't processed, but could on specific request.)

PSL was just the finals.

I have managed to extract the coverage from my Sky decoder unit at DVD resolution, 1024 x 576 and have uploaded the results to my Google drive.

The ads have been edited out, and the final .avi files compressed as each was around 25GB!

When I tried loading on YouTube the first video was "blocked worldwide" before processing was finished by the site.

There are two files in the shared directory. PGS & PSL

Edited by SunSurfer

• 4 months later...

No success yet. Using Google Drive have tried reloading the files as videos and as a .rar compressed file. Each time unable to get the files to a state where they could be successfully downloaded by someone else. I have other small files on Google Drive that behave beautifully, so I'm very puzzled by this!

I would use my free Dropbox service but that has inadeqaute space with my cloud stored library of work-related journal articles. My bibliography software, Papers, is linked to Dropbox.

Any other ideas?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 6:24 AM, Jack M said:

Just stumbled across the Sochi slalom video above.  Incredible clean runs in the men's and women's small and big finals.  Direct links:

Men's:

https://youtu.be/Fu7XWK0o4pM?t=4269

Women's:

https://youtu.be/Fu7XWK0o4pM?t=3304

Required viewing for any aspiring SL racers!

Some great riding there! Just this year alone I watched this competition 3 times :-).
Less than 6 years passed since then, however it looks like competitive riders are more aggressive now. Important role in that are playing advancements in plates and boards, I think.