Note to New Members ×

Help to buy a free carve board!

Vicmar

Hi ,

Since my thread (looking for a free carve board in the Classified) I had a number of interesting proposals.

I don’t need advice regarding the price of these offers but really your opinion about which board I should put my money in.

I am a 1.76 m/ 90kgs+ rider aged 56.

I mainly ride in Quebec on narrow, crowded and icy slopes... but I also plan to ride in the Alps more often.

Back in the time I had a 167 Burton FP which I loved.Now that I am a little bit older :) and even if I am more on the aggressive side of the border, I would like something a little bit less demanding.

So between these boards to your opinion which one is the best for me:

Burton Alp 162

F2 Silberpfeil 163

F2 Silberpfeil 172

Oxess RG 170

Prior WCRM 169

Thank you for your help

Phil

You'll be too heavy for Alp 162 and Silber 163 and probably for that Oxess (I believe it was built for a light rider).

Silber 172 and WCRM will ride the same turn shape. Silber is stiffer and narrower (boot size, desired angles?). WCRM is damper and rides marginal conditions a bit better. Check if it was stock or built for someone lightweight.

You'll be too heavy for Alp 162 and Silber 163 and probably for that Oxess (I believe it was built for a light rider).

Silber 172 and WCRM will ride the same turn shape. Silber is stiffer and narrower (boot size, desired angles?). WCRM is damper and rides marginal conditions a bit better. Check if it was stock or built for someone lightweight.

Thank you,

this is the kind of response I was looking for. I suspected that the 162 and the 163 would be too light for me but I was riding a perfect 164 with my softboots so.....

I am still learning, thank for your help

Thank you,

this is the kind of response I was looking for. I suspected that the 162 and the 163 would be too light for me but I was riding a perfect 164 with my softboots so.....

I am still learning, thank for your help

To your opinion, would a 168 Silberpfeil a good choice ?

Looking back to my experience with my 167 Burton FP, I would like the shorter board as possible for short and quick turn and manoeuvrability

To your opinion, would a 168 Silberpfeil a good choice ?

Looking back to my experience with my 167 Burton FP, I would like the shorter board as possible for short and quick turn and manoeuvrability

From what I remember, Silber 168 was a lot softer then 172. SC radius differnence is only 0.5m.