Note to New Members ×

Heavenly or Kirkwood this Weekend?

barryj

Two of my favorite runs, Sherwod Lift at Alpine Meadows is shut down for the season...well it was really never open that much this season anyway.....and Squaw Creek Lift at Squaw is shut down also.....so thinking of driving down to South Lake to Heavenly or Kirkwood this Sat........anybody recommend one over the other? .......for better grooming?....better wide open runs?......less traffic to dodge on the trail?

Avante -

I was at Kirkwood Sat. I thougt the conditions/grooming was Fab!........but had a hard time finding the perfect consistant pitch blue groomer for me. Elevator shaft was great, but lots of rollers in general at Kirkwood I thought.

How would you compare your experience at Heavenly? Trails you'd recomend for consistant easy blue's?

Avante -

I was at Kirkwood Sat. I thougt the conditions/grooming was Fab!........but had a hard time finding the perfect consistant pitch blue groomer for me. Elevator shaft was great, but lots of rollers in general at Kirkwood I thought.

How would you compare your experience at Heavenly? Trails you'd recomend for consistant easy blue's?

Zachary was perfect in the morning, though it is black not blue.

Saturday at Heavenly was almost perfect: winter (cold, but still soft) snow conditions almost all day long, grooming and not so crowded as usual. I would recommend High Five, Ridge Run, Big Dipper, Orion and Comet. Normally, during the season it is getting crowded almost everywhere by 11-12, but I usually manage to find the least crowded trail.