Note to New Members ×

In tec heel blowout

Guest yexotay

Originally posted by Mark.Andersen

I also broke a boot and an ankle inRaichle 225s. I was attached to Intec TD1s. The crappy cant mech in the SB series completely gave out. Not the typical stripping; it cracked and came apart. That left my foot firmly trapped in the lower boot without any support from the cuff.

Ouch. Sounds identical... if the boot had held slightly better I may have got away with it, but those damned cant things were junk. I augered the nose in on some crusty glacier snow at mach 2. I recieved hairline cracks and then good drugs, so I was quite lucky. I now have the Indy boots which look like they may be slightly better in this respect. And I ride carefully in crusty conditions.

Fortunately I can't remember where the "my foot is broken" shots are, but here's a "there is a grabby crust about 15cm down in this stuff so I'm riding the tail" shot from a couple of weeks ago.

050102_GQ7T8148.jpg

thanks - although I didn't take this one.

Although my ego's driving me to think about it, sadly I haven't figured out how to actually be in the picture and yet take it at the same time ;-) Both ways ya can't have it.

This season's stuff all comes from BC, Canada. I have occasionally figured out how to get paid, but these were funded off my last [software] contract. If I manage to sell any then I may be able to tax-deduct some of the expenses.... I suppose that's why I flash a few of 'em about. Although in this case it's illustrating a serious point, honest guv.

I would like to get some good carving shots, but I've not had the luck to combine the right light with the right riders yet. One day.

Damn, This post scares me.

I had shattered my front ankle due to an early release of my rear foot on a set of F2 proflex bindings. I just got a set of TD2 step in's and have been ridding bomber TD1's with retrofit kit for a while now with piece of mind. Are there other people out there with Intec failures?

I had an Intec pin break on my last season. No damage because I noticed it when I released my foot to get on the lift. I think I actually rode with one pin for at least one run.

BTW, phil, I just bought a Burton Fish and mounted my TD1s to them. I'm taking it with my carving board to Banff this weekend. I don't think I'll see much powder though. I'll give you a report regardless.