Note to New Members ×

Which board do I want?

40tude

A little background: I am 6'2" 200lbs, almost all of my hardbooting has been done a Rad Air Tanker 192. I am wanting to get a more carve specific board and am trying to figure out if I should get the Donek Freecarve or Axxess. The only alpine board I have tried to ride was a Burton Factory Prime 185 gs (years ago), I hated it, it was way above my skill level. I am hoping to get some pros and cons as to choosing between these boards, or other recommendations along with reasoning. I have no intention to race or carve steeps all day, I am looking for a fun board that can rail turns.

Thanks

Welcome to Bomber!!!

Where to you ride?

Have you read the board reviews?

I suggest you ride a few boards and get a better idea what you like. Buy a couple used boards and ride them, then consider a custom at some future time. You can buy plenty of great used boards for 150-250$ here in the sale thread.

I know the Rad airs well , if you like that scr, you will want a shorter board. With your weight you could also rip on most of the longboards in the 180-185cm range once you are skilled.

Bryan

Welcome to Bomber!!!

Where to you ride?

Have you read the board reviews?

I suggest you ride a few boards and get a better idea what you like. Buy a couple used boards and ride them, then consider a custom at some future time. You can buy plenty of great used boards for 150-250$ here in the sale thread.

I know the Rad airs well , if you like that scr, you will want a shorter board. With your weight you could also rip on most of the longboards in the 180-185cm range once you are skilled.

Bryan

Us clydesdale class 200lb+ have advantage that we can bent most stock board pretty easily.

Getting the right flex is important IMHO.

SL in size of 160 or maybe ever BX(163-168) size is a great place to start.

From an "advance beginner"'s perspective:

Shorter board with smaller SCR is easier to ride on crowded condition.

Speedy is easier to control in steep. Easier to slarve, less weight, can somewhat "make it down" mogul if you made a wrong turn.

Board can turn "big" if you let it run. Easier to travel with.