Note to New Members ×

I need a carving board

freerider81

I am new to hard booting this winter and have been out 3 times now. It has been a great 3 times out, getting better every time but now I kind of have a clue what I want from a board but don't really know what to get. Currently I am riding a 186? F2 and really like it. Today was the first day I really started to feel good both heel side, toe side, and through the transition edge to edge. The problem is the place I go has hills either to steep for my liking or just a hair to flat that when I start to carve I loose my speed. There seems to be a sweet spot for my ability to fast and I get a little nervous, not fast enough and I can't carve easily. I want something that will be more nimble and be able to make some tighter carves and not have to be going as fast for it to start carving. I'm not sure about what to get whether it be a mountain board or a freecarve. If you have a suggestion of what I should look for or have a board for sale that fits my description, I would love to hear what you have to say. I would be looking to spend around $200 and maybe a little extra if it came with bindings. Thanks.

I saw a couple of your boards in the classifieds but am unsure what to get. Do all those boards ride close to the same? They range from 160 to 164 but the side cut radius are different?

That would be allot of information. Lets just say that these would all turn tighter than you F2 186cm. I don't ride shorter boards so these are boards I have , however, I have not ridden them. You really need to get with an experienced alpine rider.

Bryan

I saw a couple of your boards in the classifieds but am unsure what to get. Do all those boards ride close to the same? They range from 160 to 164 but the side cut radius are different?

That would be allot of information. Lets just say that these would all turn tighter than you F2 186cm. I don't ride shorter boards so these are boards I have , however, I have not ridden them. You really need to get with an experienced alpine rider.

Bryan

I will have to do some more reading up on boards and see what I think would work for me. As for trading I don't think I am ready to let go of the F2 yet I want to check out a few different hills and see if it works out a little better for me. There are 2 hills where I go that really worked out well for me and that is where I spend most of my time.