Note to New Members ×

ECES photos

johnarsen24

The Snow has been really good, pretty much 100% open. I mostly ski now but I am still carving on skies and have been very happy with the snow.

That said we will get a pretty good rain tomorrow, but then back to cold with snow currently forecast for next week. It will take them a few days to recover but It will back to great shape by the end of this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at Stratton all this week as our kid's vacation does not line up with the event next week.  Very sad.  Next week NH and VT schools have off so expect some local kids on the mountain.  

Conditions have been different each day so hard to day.  Sunday was brutally cold, -30ish without the wind.  Only lower two lifts spinning on lower mountain but the snow was dry and well groomed.  Same Monday.  Tuesday - pouring rain with the temps getting up to 50.  80 degree temperature shift in a few days.  The conditions were wet, heavy snow as we received a few inches overnight.  The past few days have been heavily groomed, stiff snow with many scraped off areas in the afternoon.  They have been blowing snow on Black Bear, Polar Bear and Janeway Junction/Lower Meadow all day in preparation for the weekend.  It's going to get warm and rain again on Saturday and no new snow predicted early in the week so I would expect much of the same as what is here today.  

Runs like Standard, Lower Tamarck and Lower Liftilne are actually very carveable and have great coverage.  No bare spots anywhere and the lift lines are very short.  Even the Gondola.  

One thing that has taken me by surprise though.  The number of ski school kid snakes is incredible.  Hard to go top to bottom without putting the brakes on so you don't disrupt a class.  They seem to really prefer the same trails we do so be very aware.  

With the crap season we have been having I think everyone will have a great time.  They really have done a nice job on the trails.  The cafeteria has airport prices so be prepared.  The food is amazing so I'm not complaining.  The carved turkey sandwich is $14 but you can substitute a turkey leg and go caveman style and get pretty full.  I'm angry that I can't be with you all next week but please take photos and keep us all jealous.  

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know where is possible to find pics of the photograph in yellow jacket who take pics under gondola friday???

The photographers name is: Hubert Schriebl

His pictures of us have been posted on his facebook page. I do not see any there from Fridays session yet.

If you friend him on Facebook you will get access to the pictures

The photographers name is: Hubert Schriebl

His pictures of us have been posted on his facebook page. I do not see any there from Fridays session yet.

If you friend him, you will get access to the pictures

Somebody are frend on Facebook with him??

He take pics of me and my frend...

I would be very happy to see me in action...usually it's me who take the pics i havé never of me...