Note to New Members ×

Mt. Baker Banked Slalom...

xolufus

Got it...Now - does anybody know the age cut-offs for Masters/Mid-Masters/Grand-Masters and Super-Masters...I can't find it on the website...

Thanks

Matt, did you win the lottery this year? I used to sign up every year, never got lucky. Once you are in , you are in as long as you go. I have supplied boards for a number of the pro riders during the anniversary events. Perhaps the rules have changed?

Nope - didn't win this year, but will try again for the 2015 run...I also heard that they were doing at least one or maybe two qualifiers right before the event - based on the different classes; but I can't find out anywhere - what those different amateur age group cut-offs are ??? Being over 50 - I thought - I'd better try and get in somehow...you know, before I die...

Got it...Now - does anybody know the age cut-offs for Masters/Mid-Masters/Grand-Masters and Super-Masters...I can't find it on the website...

Thanks

It's been a couple years since I've gotten in but I think Masters was 30+, Mid Masters 40+, Grand Masters 50+, and Super Masters 60+. I always thought when I went up one age bracket I'd have a better chance but the guys I couldn't beat at 35 are the same guys I can't beat at 50, They keep getting older too.

Hey Matt - Don't know if it could work out but… USASA is doing Banked Slalom races at Copper on Friday April 4th. I know you need to be a member ($85) and go to a qualifying event ($25 or so), sometime in the next 2 weeks. Matthew loves it and has done a few this season and is qualified to race in it at Nationals. If you go to their website USASA.org look under the Nationals tab then snowboard nationals you'll see information on Banked Slalom. They are taking 160 riders this year, to get most people who want to try it out at Copper on April 4th. Matthew only uses his board cross board for this race because a hard board would not have enough flex. Lisa :) BTW I'll be in touch regarding getting together when we're out west at the end of March.

Edited by midwestrider
spelling corrections