Note to New Members ×

Dynafit TLT5/6 with Bomber or F2 bindings

gdboytyler

I carve with hardboots and ride powder with softboots.

Now I've been reading that a lot of splitboarders/backcountry riders are switching from softboots to heavily modified Dynafit TLT5/6 alpine touring boots. However, the splitboarders have mostly been using the Dynafit boots with Burton bails because the TLT5/6 don't have the standard DIN toe/heel and they are worried that the thicker Bomber bails are more likely to cause a pre-mature release. Is there any truth to this?

I'd like to use one set of hardboots for both my carving and freeride boards, so I'm really interested in trying out the Dynafit boots. However, I don't want to switch my carving board to Burton plate bindings.

I currently use Raichle SB413 boots with BTS and soft springs, so I think a soft/modified Dynafit will work well for me.

I'm setting up a Dynafit/Phantom set-up. The Dynafit is used because it is ridiculously light, and allows huge ankle flex in ride mode. The Phantom bindings are also very light and apparently really tie the board together.

I saw a post on splitboard.com that indicated there wasn't a release issue, however the Bomber split binding was still heavier and still required a voile puck interface (which hardboots frankly overpower).

Dave

I'd like to use one set of hardboots for both my carving and freeride boards, so I'm really interested in trying out the Dynafit boots. However, I don't want to switch my carving board to Burton plate bindings.

FWIW I only use plate on pow or goom, but I still switch boots (and boards) for the application. UPZ RC10s for carving, and ATBs for pow & freeride. Now TLT5 for splitting (next year). I have the boots need the binders and board.

I don't think a modded TLT5/6 would be a great carving boot, though I could be wrong.