Note to New Members ×

Give me some Info on Whitfish MT Resort

barryj

I gotta go to Kalispell for work (2 days) and I thought I'd squeeze in a day of carving the groomers at Whitefish.I fly into Glacier Airport, Sunday March 9. I have business commitments in Marion Mon. and then Eureka Wed.So I thought I'd drag the board bag along for the Tues. down day. Looks like Whitfish ski resort is the closest to my lodging.They gotta have more snow than we have been getting! Any wide open blue runs to recomend? Any other suggestions?

I gotta go to Kalispell for work (2 days) and I thought I'd squeeze in a day of carving the groomers at Whitefish.I fly into Glacier Airport, Sunday March 9. I have business commitments in Marion Mon. and then Eureka Wed.So I thought I'd drag the board bag along for the Tues. down day. Looks like Whitfish ski resort is the closest to my lodging.They gotta have more snow than we have been getting! Any wide open blue runs to recomend? Any other suggestions?

Man are you in for a treat. It was three years ago that i was there and i have not ridden a resort with more snow and better groom. Be prepared for different light conditions if it's overcast. The only ice was accessing the north side from the south chairlift but it was only due to a convergence of skiers scraping of the snow because it was steep, everywhere else was feet deep in soft groom.Your face muscles will be sore from smiling. Don't forget to let us know how your trip went !

Thanks for the info guys.Wow! Watched the WTF14 link you sent West - Looks wide open like Snomass and hard to belive that was a Sunday!Which one was you in the video?I think I'm going to fly in Sat. and ride Sun. also!!West, let me know if you will be around that Tues. I would love a tour or some pointers.