Note to New Members ×

Wachusett riding

griff

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will any carvers be riding here this Saturday, March 8th? I wish I were able to have joined you all at Berkshire East last week, but unfortunately my schedule was a little tight that weekend. :(

I definitely have seen carvers at Wachusett in the past- someone on a Kessler with a plate who recognized the titanal F2 Eliminator WC I was riding one day early in the season comes to my mind. :D

I wont be at WAWA but there is a group of us going to Berksire East this sat!

I'll see what I can do, but Berkshire East is a bit far from me for a single day trip- it takes more than twice as long for me to get there as it does to Wachusett. I really would like to ride with experienced carvers though...

Will any carvers be riding here this Saturday, March 8th? I wish I were able to have joined you all at Berkshire East last week, but unfortunately my schedule was a little tight that weekend. :(

I definitely have seen carvers at Wachusett in the past- someone on a Kessler with a plate who recognized the titanal F2 Eliminator WC I was riding one day early in the season comes to my mind. :D

I wont be at WAWA but there is a group of us going to Berksire East this sat!

Go to the beast and make it a 2 day trip. There's a lodge right across the street that has very affordable rates.

I'll have to do that someday for sure! I'm actually flying down to Florida for the week on Sunday, so I'm a bit tethered on locations this time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

I'll see what I can do, but Berkshire East is a bit far from me for a single day trip- it takes more than twice as long for me to get there as it does to Wachusett. I really would like to ride with experienced carvers though...

Go to the beast and make it a 2 day trip. There's a lodge right across the street that has very affordable rates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Wow... This thread needs some life!

Work has me going to Waltham, MA for training.

Looks like I'll be arriving the 24th and leaving the 28th. Probably do some night sessions and be there first thing Saturday before dashing of to Logan after lunch.

Maybe I'll see someone...

Mahalo!

Snow was good tonight... Even had some late night grooming! Not used to that! Sugar on hard in some places... Some places VERY firm.

My best laps were on Look Mom...

Started the evening on the Hotrod and quickly switched to the 185 REV. The old Donek just doesn't do so well on the firm stuff. 

I haven't ridden the REV since I got my Nirvana plus it really doesn't fit my little home bump. Wow... That REV sidecut big turn into next big fast turn. Choo-Choo comin' thru'!!! 

Two of my tracks in this one.

20170125_214311.jpg

• Like 1

I went back last night... When I rode Wachusetts ~12 years ago you hardly ever saw other people riding at night.  No more!

The 2100-2200 hours are sparsely populated.

Look Mom was closed due to the lights being out.

Was a 4-6" deep loose cover over most of the hill. Really tough to get an edge to bite anywhere... Decided to hit Sunapee on Saturday.

• 11 months later...