Note to New Members ×

Club membership open: looking for 31 BOL members

mikel45

True or false?

1) I am hypochondriac author ghost writing a book entitled: The Secrets of Effortless, Low-Impact Snowboarding for Older Skiers?

2) I'm grumpy that no
were under the Xmas tree?

3) I like to wear sweaters so old that they are back in style?

4) Curmudgeon trying to have fun before he hits >60?

I want to be one of the 8 carving after 60! That's awesome!!!

I'll second that!! Been a couple of rough years and it feels like reaching that goal is getting farther away. :(

I ride with a couple guys that have reached that milestone and then some. I am now paying more attention to the steps they have taken to insure longevity in alpine. I have to admit, one of the biggies might be they have great wives that are healthy foodie types with excellent positive attitudes . I.E. Cut the boys some slack and stay out of the "Bear Cave" :)

PS. Single , never married, no kids, 56, overweight, retired and I have allot of snowboard/ski gear, a little rough around the edges yet considered a bit of a neat freak, :)

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

Careful. I don't think I would mess with a guy brave enough to ride a Skwal at Kicking Horse!!

I have confessions to make. Mikel45 is misleading, it should really be Mikel59. Doesn't end there, never ever been on a skwal at Kicking Horse, oh the shame. How about night skiing at -20 C with foggy goggles staring at a 280 feet vertical drop - that must count for something - yes?

I have confessions to make. Mikel45 is misleading, it should really be Mikel59. Doesn't end there, never ever been on a skwal at Kicking Horse, oh the shame. How about night skiing at -20 C with foggy goggles staring at a 280 feet vertical drop - that must count for something - yes?

I see, the plot thickens, so who are you REALLY?

I'll second that!! Been a couple of rough years and it feels like reaching that goal is getting farther away. :(

your quote made me realise that taking up a snow sport a couple of years before 50 wasn't a bad idea....as I have no idea how hard it gets as I get older.....hahaha

I think it's being flexible that's helped me though...a few stretches whilst waiting for kettle to boil..a few more whilst reading a book etc and yeh you're right about good food too:p

"I'm just a soul who's intentions are good, oh lord please don't let me be misunderstood." - Regina Spektor

A great lyric, to be sure. Written by Bennie Benjamin, Gloria Caldwell, and Sol Marcus and first performed by Nina Simone some 16 years before Regina Spektor was born. As one of the eight, I was very impressed (at an impressionable age) by the version recorded by Eric Burdon and the Animals in 1965.

Yup, my mind keeps telling me that I'm 30-years-old, the body tells me quite a different story. Started going regularly to gym. Added specific exercises in the fall to get prepared for carving season. This year I've realized I'm as stiff as couple of my skwals - seriously thinking of adding yoga. In the meantime, stretching exercises beforehand and plenty of recoup (sleeping) time day after visiting the hill (I call it meditation). Times they are a changing.

If we're talking yoga..can everyone here touch their toes (legs straight)..well it's a start:p...

...mikel45, while you're meditating (asleep) you can do yoga st the same time...I do this one...whilst lying on your back have one leg straight and relaxed whilst the other leg is bent into a kind of 'L' shape (knees together rest of leg put at a right angle)....after 5 minutes swap legs....

...you may fall asleep at same time and when you wake up find yourself I'm excruciating pain but you'll be more flexible:biggthump

Exclusions

~I take no responsibility for any harm, injury or loss resulting from the aforementioned instructions ~:freak3: