Note to New Members ×

Never-Evers at SES

gbeckett

Hello Carving gang,

My wife & I are coming to SES. We're new to carving, but not new to the mountain (ski & board both). Anyone learning or wishing the great humor of watching the clueless, let's ride! We'll get in Friday 31st, & leave Monday the 3rd (work & all intervenes with fun). We're staying in Snowmass Village. 435 640 4315.

Jill & Garry Beckett

Park City UT

I'll be doing an introductory clinic on Sunday at Snowmass if you'd like to take advantage of that.

Tentatively scheduled for 10 or 10:30. Check the schedule for updates:

http://www.summitexpressionsession.com/schedule/

Last year (2013) I informally videoed Cory's Intermediate & Steeps Clinics and tried to turn the footage into teaching resources for those not able to make SES.

Any plans to video your session or any of the other clinics at SES this year?

Last year (2013) I informally videoed Cory's Intermediate & Steeps Clinics and tried to turn the footage into teaching resources for those not able to make SES.

Any plans to video your session or any of the other clinics at SES this year?

Alan, I don't have any plans to take video nor would I be opposed to it.

Alan, I don't have any plans to take video nor would I be opposed to it.

Injury has ruled me out of attending SES this year but I think the clinics represent an excellent opportunity to create online materials to promote and teach our sport. There have been plenty of video cameras at the last couple of SESs. My results would have been better if I had got together with Corey, who instructed both the Intermediate & Steeps Clinics and planned a bit more. If I could have done just one thing different it would be to put a lapel mike on the instructor and record what they said on a device like an ipod, iphone, or Zoom sound recorder.

• 3 weeks later...
That IS kind of funny! Hope you all are having a blast, healing willing, see you next year!

I had one of those AT SES , I think it was 2006. Laying in the hospital for several days after surgery and a 15" "Nail" in my leg. I guess if it had to happen it is better to do it at home?

I do have to mention that folks came out of the woodwork to help me in a bad situation. I had driven my truck 1300 miles to the event. I need to write the story down someday. BOL community is AMAZING!! I hope you try again after you have heeled up. If you want to hear some of what I learned from my experience please feel free to PM me.

Bryan