Note to New Members ×

Beaver Creek!!!

b.free

22 hours ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

-4Just feeling out the crowd here.  I plan on getting 90% of my days at BC this season.  Never ridden there before.  I'm usually good for about 3-4 days a week usually on weekdays with the occasional weekend.  I would definitely like to meet up with someone to learn the ins and outs of the area. What is everyone else's situation?

Hey Aaron, I would be pleased to meet up with you at  Beaver Creek, Though I am going through some health issues that will force me into a slow start this season, so not sure how good of a guide that  I can be.

I am usually there3-4 days per week, but probably won't be getting in the usual 60 days in this season.     Feel free to reach out  (DM), if you have any questions..    

Cheers!

Paul

Ok awesome. Paul did you shoot me a Facebook friend request not too long ago? We will definitely be in touch. I hope whatever ails you sorts itself out. 

Andre are you still going to be able to make it up during the week? I hear the crowds at BC aren't THAT bad on the weekends but I still prefer to work weekends if I can. 

Looking forward to it!

• 1 month later...

The wife and I were able to get up on Sunday after 5" of fresh.  The upper mountain with the au natural snow was great! I'm not sure where all the people were but they sure weren't riding with us. The lower mountain LOOKED good but was a little scratchy/firm from the manmade snow.  It looks like good things are coming our way! 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Was sidelined for 12 days with a motorcycle/dumbass related injury. Got back out on the hill Friday and Saturday. Friday was eh just getting my legs back under me but Saturday was GOOOOOOOD. I was expecting a minefield of jerrys but compared to what I'm used to in Summit over the holidays it felt deserted.  Will be back in action there Thursday and Friday if anyone wants to join. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

Hit it again today. Awesome snow. Terrible light. Laid down some of my best turns of the year. I apologize to any small children. I absolutely ruined some of the runs through tench warfare. 

When is your plan to go next time? I was thinking on going Friday there.

• 11 months later...

S T O K E D.

Da' Beav' is a great respite from the weekend crowds and well worth the extra seat time.

If you're luck enough you'll get to ride with @Carvin' Marvin like I did today.

He got off work this morning, after working a long shift and proceeded to show me the Beav' while doing his best Energizer Bunny impression. Conditions were excellent BYW. 👌

Seriously, thank you @Carvin' Marvin I had a blast!

That last run... FANTASTIC!

Also thanks to Jake, the softbooter on a Donek, that was my early am guide. Great to meet and ride with you. I hope you pay the forum a visit.

Oh, and we saw another hardbooter getting down and hooted from the lift. AND I met another hardbooter on a Prior lined up for first chair. Hardbooters everywhere. 🤣

Looking forward to the second coming of hardboots at Loveland tomorrow.

4puFByW.jpg

Edited by lonbordin
added a photo
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...