Note to New Members ×

Tracks

softbootsurfer

Tracks (center and left of pic) and track ereasers.

Tracks_and_track_ereasers.JPG

What a wonderfull world of icy and steep slopes, even if it's no more groomable since days (to icy, even if they have most modern slope-machines using Differential-GPS and GLONAS for measure snow-high right on Ratrac's cockpit).

Well, there wouldn't be any reasons for grooming such amazing nice modulated icy slopes. You couln't get better carving conditions for hardbooting ever!

Picture above is from lower part of that exciting nice slope beside a 1'800ft's highspeed quad here:

Perfect_carving_slope.jpg

For less experienced carver there is a bypass on the left.

I was forced to ride there, just because the highspeed-six-seats chairlift serving 2'500ft's at once for a similar nice double-to-trippel-diamond slope was out of order. (takes 7 minutes 30 seconds only for uphill 2'500ft's, if on work)

Tracks which are not that boring like usual.

Well, many rider like to open a day carving on fine trackless new slopes.

Myself sometimes I like to close the day by carving on a trackless new slopes.

The ones needs Pistenbully or Ratrac for to have a trackless new slope. I don't hope they are limited to run only such slopes. Myself I prefer real mountains with best trackless fields which the-so-called "airbagers" forced it to groom.

It's good to know, there over on the Alps wearing avalanche airbags like BCA Float Systems is very popular now. There are countless of rider having such backpacks for to go skiing and snowboarding. So "airbagers" drop in to steep lines and let than the snow go down. This makes a wonderfull nice carving slopes too.

See here, an airbager which has done just his great work:

Airbager_on_progress.JPG

as you can see on detail-pic it's a snowboarder. And no track in and no track out:

Airbager.JPG

Before lifts are closing early in evening, when sun was gone since hours (which helps to freeze-up snow) I usualy carve down such nice avalanche fields (photo taken downhill from same field):

carving_avalanche_fileds.JPG

and uphill on my last run of the day.

carving_avalanche_fileds_end.JPG

It's just like a dream to terminate best snowboarding days which a ride on such pure trackless slopes. Way better than carving destroyed slopes on the end of the day. So you can go home with a very good feeling in your mind. So thanks a lot for the great work of any "airbagers" !

• 2 weeks later...

Tracks we like to cut in to nice slopes. Carving 7th-sky!

As we know it all if out on snow on the end of every day we find the most amazing slopes. Even if slopes are not groomed daily (icy and hard, so no need for grooming), such slopes give us an additional boost. In case of non runway-type slopes (runway-type slopes looks sometime more like made for landing a Space-Shuttle), we come closer to carving genuine Alpine Snowboarding then ever else, see here:

Carving_paradise.JPG

Well in counterpoint to clean and brushed groomers, tracks on best carving slopes are sommetimes hard to make visible.

Turn No.1 was carved where the white skier runs on center of first pic:

track_on_rutted_slope.JPG

Don't forget before carving on 7th-sky, you should go uphill at first, which can look like that:

Surface_lift_skiers_tracks.JPG

A steep T-bar lift with some pre-molded icy tracks from skiers meight be way to tricky and nervous to uphill.

Even for me it was tricky there. I rode a new to me board, forgot to add a stompad on it and with my right glove in the left hand and shooting pictures with camera in the right hand, it was a nice challenge to hold me in balance on that surface!

No stress at all, if you don't like snowboarding this, rather you go to resorts with wide brushed slopes and chairlifts beside. There are so many resorts around the World offering wide brushed slopes with chairlifts beside.