Note to New Members ×

anyone know this board?

gawdzira

Isnt it a Fusion? Its not a diablo...

I remember that board when it came out. Only thing is...its got the old hold pattern...youd want to T-Bolt it

theres a diablo at Second Season by my house right now..the older style directional 176 (they made a rounded twin tip one a couple years later. I had one but it was a TANK)

This is a fusion I think, from the 3rd year that Nitro was around, so this would make it about a 1993/94 season board.

It has a 5 hole pattern OR is a deck you'll have to screw in, so recommend T bolts; back then the stance options were narrower than nowadays, plus you'll probably rip out any other way to mount it.

It has a standard radius sidecut (the first year, the nitros had a progressive sidecut); it is a little narrower than modern freeride boards, and is directional, with a bigger scoop on the nose than tail (hard to see in the photo). It has a extruded PTEX base, and a wood core (I think, it MIGHT be foam, but fairly sure they went back to wood after the 2nd year of foam cores).

The bindings to match this board are junk, so again, you'll need to either T bolt a 3 or 4 hole pattern in it. If you want to save money, and know exactly how you are going to mount, then use screws from the base side in, and put the nuts on the top, then brind the screw length so they aren't sticking into your foot, seal the whole thing with resin as you do it. I did this b4, and worked fine on a similar board. Alternatively, there are some threads on T bolting and how to do on this board somewhere.

Porbably heavier than modern boards, but a bit of a classic.