Note to New Members ×

Blue Mt.

jp1

Lets just say, Blue was exactly what I expected for opening day. Big crowds (mainly due to only a few lifts open) and choppy conditions. Not matter what, it was a fun day to get the legs stretched out for a bit. Even if they tighten back up again in the 20 minute wait lines..... Anyway, They are hoping to get lazy mile open by Sunday. JohnnyLo - any chance you want to wait until Sunday to ride? An extra day might make for smaller lift lines, better conditions and more trails.

Teach - that was funny. Was kind of wondering if you knew of Bombers. Great meeting you also. Stay in touch if you head out to Blue again. Also, I ran into another carver in the after noon. She rides an F2 Speedster. 3 of us at the hill at the same time might be a record for Blue....

Just checking to see if anyone his heading up to Blue this weekend. Plan on going on Saturday or Sunday, depending on the weather. Thinking Sunday might be best after it cools off on Saturday night.

would saturday or sunday be good enough to pay $40? worried about crowds - i was mulling over whether to go really early one day, but $40 is kinda steep if it gets crowded and cut up by 10am. camelback (i have the value pass) is pulling the same early season BS: they are open until 4pm, but the value pass is only good from 3pm on...so I have to pay normal price if i want to go in the morning. i'd be curious to know if there are any value pass holders who actually went from just 3-4...

no matter what, as soon as the weather gets good up there, hopefully next week, im going to take a day off work and head to blue so i can just run laps on lazy mile and main street.

NickG - I think you might be right. I didn't expect it to get so warm this week. They are expecting some snow on Saturday and Sunday. All I can say is on Sunday of last week, the place was empty. If I head up on Saturday morning, I'll let you know what the place of like.

FYI, If anyone has interest in discount tickets to Blue Mountain, Pa. I recently received this message from the Club I got my 6-Pak from and they OK'd that I post it here.

If interested, PM or email me and I'll send you the phone number of the Club to call.

"Also, I'm selling tickets this year for $25 each. An individual ticket can be used either for an all-day rental, an all-day lift ticket, or a tubing ticket.

Blue Mt.'s regular prices are as follows:

Adult lift ticket is $54 and $45 for youth (6-21). "

Edited by jp1

I think I'm going to blue tomorrow morning. It's really a toss up between blue and camelback, but since camelback is $7 more expensive and the lift i want doesn't open until 10AM I think blue is the better choice.

JP1 - I'm definitely interested in some blue tickets. If you will be there tomorrow that would be great, but no sweat. I'll PM you

Teach, I was looking for you to, I only lasted a little while longer before my legs gave out. I was drinking a beer and saw you ride by at one point. I know you are a Camelback guy, but if you are going to be a blue next weekend, let me know. If not, I wouldn't mind heading up to camelback for something different.