Note to New Members ×

Mountain Creek '13-14

jtslalom

Mountain Creek has been making snow for the last 48 hours as of 8:39 am Tuesday 11/26/13. we have had some light dusting of snow here in Vernon over the last couple of days but nothing significant. Tomorrows weather calls for quite a bit of rain but the next few days after that look prime for making snow. It may be to soon to call but I bet MC has an early opening this year. Lets all hope they do.

JT

• 2 weeks later...

Mountain Creek will more than likely be open top to bottom by this weekend 12/14/13. They have been making snow for the last 24 hours and the weather calls for some great snowmaking temps over the next week or so. If they are open top to bottom I will be riding the north peak this Sunday morning from 8 - 10 am. Hope to see other carvers there.

JT

JohnnyLo,

I went yesterday for 2 hours in the morning (Tues 12/17). I had the day off and made it there as they opened. Conditions were pretty good. At north there is only one main trail open but it splits to Sianara and the sugar slope at he bottom. Sianara is pretty nice. MC has been making snow like crazy. I think they will have a lot more slopes open by this weekend, even with the warmer weather coming. Think about day trips for next week.

Jt

• 2 weeks later...

Took my daughter riding today (Friday 12/27) at Mountain Creek. We stayed on the sugar slope. She is just getting topside turns down and linking full turns. It's pretty cool to watch your own kid ride. Conditions were good although the crowds were not. It got crowded right around 11:00. We ended up leaving about 11:30.

Yesterday morning was good as well. Conditions were a little softer yesterday than they were today. Again the crowds really started to pack in around 11:00.

I will be riding tomorrow morning with Dave from 8 am until it gets crowded. Zero-g is now open and i would hope that Great Northern opens soon. Conditions should be pretty good. Hope to see other carvers out there.

I too took our 2 years old to Blue Mountain last weekend for the first time. It was fun.

I was testing out my soft setup with my new binding and new boot, wasn't hard booting.

Didn't get too many runs in since we were with the little shredder. Will soon be testing my first official hardboot setup with the 158 madd I just got, and the new liner.

post-11902-141842404584_thumb.jpg

I will be riding at MC tomorrow morning(Sat. 1/11) through the early afternoon provided it isn't raining. Usually we will start at north and make our way down south to the racing trail. It has been good their so more than likely we will be spending some time on it. Hope to see other carvers their.

Jt

I will be riding at MC tomorrow morning(Sat. 1/11) through the early afternoon provided it isn't raining. Usually we will start at north and make our way down south to the racing trail. It has been good their so more than likely we will be spending some time on it. Hope to see other carvers their.

Jt

• 4 weeks later...

The last week and a half at Mountain Creek have been great. I have been riding with Ken and Dave on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Patrice was there today as well riding her coiler. Today was great. It was like carving through styrafoam. We spent most of our time on Zero G. They actually have it wide enough so that it can be carved all the way down without running out of slope width. Lower straightaway and upper straightaway have also been great. Barring rain we will be out tomorrow morning again. Hopefully more carvers will be out there.

WOW,

Over the last two weeks the snow at Mountain Creek has been outstanding. Not only have carving conditions been superb but even the off slope trails have been incredible. Last week during our last snow storm in which we received about 10 inches of snow here in Vernon I had the day off and went riding. Most of my time was spent in the woods on mountain bike trails. It wasn't carving but definitely some of the best riding I have done in years. All powder riding through the woods. Even after riding for two hours I was still able to find fresh powder that was untracked on the slopes.

Two nights ago we got 2 inches of snow (Sunday 2/9/14) and we are suppose to get slammed on Wednesday night and all day Thursday with a storm that can potentially dump 18 inches on us. Yeehaa, life is great. I will be riding today (Tues 2/11/14) for two hours or so at night starting at north and Granite. I will also be riding tomorrow with my kids at night and more than likely on Thursday during the snow storm. This weekend is shaping up to be a good one. I will be out on Saturday and almost every day next week during my week off. Hope to see others their.

JT

Snowboarding J,

We are suppose to get a foot of snow or better on Thursday. I am assuming my work closes and if so I will be riding but I am not sure what time I will be there. It really depends of how fast I can get my driveway shoveled. More than likely I will be there for the first lift 9 am. I will also be riding tonight (Wed 2/12/14) at north with my kids and also on Saturday morning for the first lift.

If we get the snow we are suppose to get on Thursday I will be riding in the woods and off trail. It will not be a carving day but rather a freestyle powder/mogul/woods day. If you really want to carve some turns wait until Saturday morning to ride. Hopefully by then we will still have some ice cold temps and the snow will stiffen up a lot. It has been very soft lately and not exactly prime for carving.

JT

Snowboarding J,

We are suppose to get a foot of snow or better on Thursday. I am assuming my work closes and if so I will be riding but I am not sure what time I will be there. It really depends of how fast I can get my driveway shoveled. More than likely I will be there for the first lift 9 am. I will also be riding tonight (Wed 2/12/14) at north with my kids and also on Saturday morning for the first lift.

If we get the snow we are suppose to get on Thursday I will be riding in the woods and off trail. It will not be a carving day but rather a freestyle powder/mogul/woods day. If you really want to carve some turns wait until Saturday morning to ride. Hopefully by then we will still have some ice cold temps and the snow will stiffen up a lot. It has been very soft lately and not exactly prime for carving.

JT

I guess, you will be very hard to find by hiding in the woods:D. No problem, I will look for you Saturday, it looks like it could rain later tomorrow and the temperature may be too high for the snow to freeze, will try hardbooting Friday morning to see how it goes.

MC Saturday usually gets very crowded.... Let me know where you guys will be Saturday.

Mountain Creek was insanely awesome today. The four of us got there first lift and rode for about three hours. Conditions were epic. About one foot of powder fell before and while we were there. Most of our time was spent in the woods riding on mountain bike trails. We actually got first tracks through three of the bike trails. It snowed so hard that our second and third runs through we could barely see our last tracks. We rode all over the north and Granite peak. All in all it was great.

I will be riding again tonight (Thursday) and then first lift on Saturday. Im not quite sure i will bring my carving deck on Saturday because conditions will be to soft for carving. Hopefully bumps will form from today and tomorrow. The mountain has been leaving Mugols over most of the mountain and more than likely will leave them for Saturday. See you all there on Saturday.

JT

Mountain Creek was insanely awesome today. The four of us got there first lift and rode for about three hours. Conditions were epic. About one foot of powder fell before and while we were there. Most of our time was spent in the woods riding on mountain bike trails. We actually got first tracks through three of the bike trails. It snowed so hard that our second and third runs through we could barely see our last tracks. We rode all over the north and Granite peak. All in all it was great.

I will be riding again tonight (Thursday) and then first lift on Saturday. Im not quite sure i will bring my carving deck on Saturday because conditions will be to soft for carving. Hopefully bumps will form from today and tomorrow. The mountain has been leaving Mugols over most of the mountain and more than likely will leave them for Saturday. See you all there on Saturday.

JT

JT

It sure is great, face shot again and again.

post-11902-141842408961_thumb.jpg

Well if trails not groomed, there is no point for me to bring out the hardboot setup.

I ride a rome machine with union contact binding in duck stance.

Pic was taken last week Tue night.

post-11902-141842408964_thumb.jpg

Let's ride Saturday

post-11902-141842408959_thumb.jpg

Edited by SnowboardingJ

Great riding with you today SnowboardingJ. Although conditions weren't really prime for carving we still managed to rail a few carves here and there. The bumps on Grand Prix and ZeroG were superb. They haven't been any better this year. I can't wait to ride them tomorrow.

JT

Hey JT, it was nice finally riding with you all. Let's get together and ride some more before season ends.

It was snowing again yesterday. It makes me wonder, why am I not snowboarding??? :smashfrea

J

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We were out on Sunday morning 3/23/14. All slopes are still open with no bare spots showing through. Conditions were dust on crust. It took some effort to drive carves in the snow but it was not impossible. We have cold temps in the beginning of this week (3/24/14) with snow on Tuesday/Wednesday. After that it is going to warm up. I don't see Mountain Creek staying opened beyond this up and coming weekend but you never know. Be prepared to ride bumps as the warm weather later in the week will definitely soften up the snow. See you all there.

JT