Note to New Members ×

Which Deeluxe Boots For Me?

KyleMaxwell

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here on Bomber. I graduated high school this year, and took up hardboots in my senior year racing for my high school. I ride primarily in Lake Tahoe, CA and will be looking to exclusively switch over to riding hardboots. You could say I was hooked from the first carve:D I'm planning on purchasing a 169 Prior 4WD with TD3's, but I can't figure out which boot I need... I'm 5'8" at around 130 pounds. I like to ride more aggressively so I'm looking for some stiffness, I believe. I was checking out the Track 325's, as I think the 700's will be too stiff from what I've read here on the forum. So I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could enlighten me with their wisdom!

Thanks,

Kyle

My first post here too. I just bought a pair of Track 325's. I've only tried them out on the carpet with a board so far, but they seem very nice. They may be a bit softer than my old Burton Reactor boots, but I'm pretty sure they'll be fine for what I need. I weigh about 190-200 lbs and they give some decent resistance, so from my point of view the 325 should be a perfect aggressive boot for your weight. Disclaimer though, I haven't tested the 700 or 225 series at all, so I have no idea what the differences are. Looking at it now, I may have chosen the 700 instead for the additional stiffness, but I'm thinking the 325 should work out ok. It's a very comfortable boot, and if you order them be sure to size down and not up!

Kyle,

Welcome! I would look at the 325 or the 700. Actually, they are about the same as far as stiffness as they are both designed for performance carving. Not until you go to the 225 or Free69 do they start to soften up. Also, you can always add the BTS later on and soften up any boot and tune it more to your liking.

As druidfluid alluded too, get the size right! Do NOT go from your Nike shoe size. I repeat, do not. Measure your foot as we describe here:

http://bomberonline.3dcartstores.com/assets/images/PDFs/Sizing_boots.pdf

and call/e-mail us if you have any questions. 95% of our boot issues are people going too big.

• 2 weeks later...