Note to New Members ×

The official ECES event kick-off thread

Steph

Here it is, the official dates and information for the ECES.

Stratton Mountain, VT

February 24-28, 2014

This is a non-competitive, carving event and we welcome all abilities. Come one, and come all! Now all you carvers and carvettes can mark your carving calendars, and get your stoke on.:D

Edited by Steph

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2d0kndf.jpg

Get ready for the bi-annual East Coast Expression Session (ECES) on Feb 24th to Feb 28th, 2014 at Stratton Mountain, VT .

This is the largest gathering of carvers in the east, we spend 5 days tearing up some of the best groomed trails on Stratton Mountain.

This is a non-competitive event that is open to all ages and carving abilities. We will have demos, free clinics, and will close out the week with a party on Thursday.

We can offer special ECES group rates anywhere from 1 day to multi day passes. Additionally we can also offer on mountain lodging at special group rates.

Don’t wait to book your lodging reservations; Stratton will hold rooms until 1/23/14, after that there are no guarantees for special rates.

In order to book your accommodations (pricing includes lift tickets) you MUST call, you cannot book on line.

Please call: 1-800-STRATTON (787-2886)

In order to take advantage of the special rates you must mention “East Coast Expression Session” and Group Code 4BH7MN

Lift and Lodging Details

Lift and lodging package at the Inn at Stratton Mountain

(Pkg. includes 1 night lodging, 1-day lift ticket, all taxes and services)

Rates are good from 2/23 to 2/28

Inn at Stratton Mountain (includes continental breakfast): 2 people $94pp, 3 people $86pp, 4 people $82pp

Studio Long Trail: 2 people $130pp, 3 people $114pp, 4 people $106pp

1 Bedroom Long Trail: 2 people $145p, 3 people $123pp, 4 people $113pp

2 Bedroom Long Trail: 2 people $183pp, 3 people $149, 4 people $117pp, 5 people $110, 6 people $105pp

Those not needing accommodations can purchase lift tickets

1-day midweek $45

2-day midweek $81

3-day midweek $114

4-day midweek $144

5-day midweek $175

Saturday $68

Sunday $59

Sat & Sun $122

Please note these group rates are not available on-line.

Banquet tickets, and t-shirts can be ordered here

(please note these packages will not include accommodations). So make sure to "subscribe" to this thread as we will post updates and changes as we get closer.

If you have a question on the event, ask here in this thread, as there are probably others with the same question.

You can also e-mail us directly at eastcoastexpressionsession@gmail.com

Check out our pictures from our 2012 event courtesy of Sean Martin from Donek Snowboards and more HERE from Ben Safryn. The ECES tends to draw some pretty cool celebrities like gold medal Olympian

Jasey Jay who showed up with some demos at our last event.

ECES-2012 pictures

We have a dedicated thread HERE if you are looking for a ride or want to share housing.

What makes the ECES unique is that is run by a very small team of individuals that have no ties to the carving industry but puts this event on, solely for the love of the sport.

Get off the couch, stop slacking and make plans now to attend the best carving event in the East. The 1/23/14 deadline for reservations is not that long off, make it happen…

20hjyu1.jpg

Edited by GeoffV
clarification

From the information posted here, do I understand correctly that lodging and lift passes are purchased separately? I'd like to book lodging ASAP, and want to make sure before I do.

Thanks to team ECES for organizing again! Love this event and wouldn't miss it!

From the information posted here, do I understand correctly that lodging and lift passes are purchased separately? I'd like to book lodging ASAP, and want to make sure before I do.

Thanks to team ECES for organizing again! Love this event and wouldn't miss it!

Nope lodging includes lift tickets. Folks doing day trips or not needing lodging can take advantage of just lift ticket pricing.

Ian, we will post lodging options shortly. They are very similar to 2 years ago. They have rooms at The Stratton Inn, and units at the Long Trail house. Plus, a few other options.

Michael, lift tickets are included w/your lodging package. Same as last time.

Stay tuned for more info soon...

Lift and lodging package at the Inn at Stratton Mountain

(Pkg. includes 1 night lodging, 1-day lift ticket, all taxes and services)

Rates are good from 2/23 to 2/28

Inn at Stratton Mountain (includes continental breakfast): 2 people $94pp, 3 people $86pp, 4 people $82pp

Studio Long Trail: 2 people $130pp, 3 people $114pp, 4 people $106pp

1 Bedroom Long Trail: 2 people $145p, 3 people $123pp, 4 people $113pp

2 Bedroom Long Trail: 2 people $183pp, 3 people $149, 4 people $117pp, 5 people $110, 6 people $105pp

Those not needing accommodations can purchase lift tickets

1-day midweek $45

2-day midweek $81

3-day midweek $114

4-day midweek $144

5-day midweek $175

Saturday $68

Sunday $59

Sat & Sun $122

Please note these group rates are not available on-line.

• 3 weeks later...

Thrs & Fri. We will have our banquet on Thursday night which you do not want to miss, we raffle off some pretty big prizes from our sponsors (past events included boards from Donek, Coiler, Kessler, and some pretty cool items from Bomber as well). The attendance usually grows each day with Wed-Fri having largest the crowd of carvers.

• 2 weeks later...

Goeff, Steph and Alex,

If we could build a wish list for boards for demos, perhaps we could have a "suggested" list based on some of the recent threads. I'm hoping to get some laps on several boards but in particular, Proteus, Nirvana Balance or Freecarve and some of Sean's new narrow creations. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Additionally, maybe a volunteer list to work with Sean, Bruce,Fin, and Michelle and everyone who travels a long way to stand under the tent and watch us smile. We could all do our parts to do some time under the tent so they can go ride as well. I don't know if that poses a liability issue but I think we'd all be more than willing to take some shifts.

Derek

I hope to be able to come either Monday or Friday. I have a lift ticket already and can arrange lodging (I think) so what else would I need to do to participate? Never been to an ES of any kind...

Teach, if you can only do a few days, you don't want to miss the big banquet on Thurdsay evening. We are raffling off a Donek and Coiler board and some big prizes from Bomber and YYZ as well. Advance purchase is required you can purchase ticketshere

Derek,

Sean is very active on BOL, so I am sure he is paying attention to what people are curious in demoing. If I recall I think Sean actually asked what he should bring. Bruce is pulling some long hours cranking out boards but I'll see if I can get a list from him! or get him to respond.

Regarding working the tent, thanks for the offer to help out it is much appreciated. However, unfortunately working the tent will not be possible for insurance reasons.

We've been so swamped this year that we have not created a demo fleet yet. I have plans to generate some boards from each line, but if there are specific requests, you can get them in now and I will factor that into what sizes we build/bring.