Note to New Members ×

looking for size 13 boots and a full set up

MattThePhotog

I've been snowboarding since 96. I tore my ACL a few seasons back and re injured it last winter. I am finally ready to accept that I need to stay out of the air. Now I want to see how low I can go. Time to switch to hard boots.

Boots are my number one priority. Unfortunately I have a very modest budget and don't want to spend more than $100 or so on boots. I'd like to put my whole set up together for under $300. Spending much more than that doesn't make since for me right now because I'm broke as a joke and I'll be lucky to get even 5 to 10 days in this winter.

I'm looking for a very stiff, wide board with a small radius and mid length, something around 165. I weigh 230 and I want to ride very aggressively. However I live in southern california so I only have room for short turns.

Even if you don't have something to sell me I'll always take free advice. :)

Hello.

I got US13 Deeluxe 325 boots. They're used but in perfect condition. I'd be happy to sell it someone who need it, but there isn't much people with US13 around.

$100 will work for me.... But as you can see I'm in Kazakhstan. I can check what will be the shipping like, not sure, this can be as low as $30 or $200. Or there's some probability, that I will get to US by winter, so I can bring it and ship from US.

I also have F2 Race Titanium if you want, changed one part with another pair of bindings. Works fine since then. Can do if for another $100, if we can arrange shipment.

Can post photos of boots and binders, if you want.

Victor.

I've been snowboarding since 96. I tore my ACL a few seasons back and re injured it last winter. I am finally ready to accept that I need to stay out of the air. Now I want to see how low I can go. Time to switch to hard boots.

Boots are my number one priority. Unfortunately I have a very modest budget and don't want to spend more than $100 or so on boots. I'd like to put my whole set up together for under $300. Spending much more than that doesn't make since for me right now because I'm broke as a joke and I'll be lucky to get even 5 to 10 days in this winter.

I'm looking for a very stiff, wide board with a small radius and mid length, something around 165. I weigh 230 and I want to ride very aggressively. However I live in southern california so I only have room for short turns.

Welcome to BOL Matt. You will find allot of good info here and members are very helpful.

You might want to turn on you PM (personal messaging) so folks can contact you.

Posting on the "Ride Board" in your area might help too. (save shipping , loaner, advice)

Bryan

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

My two cents. I think you would need a little longer board than a 165 cm to your weight at 230 lbs. since you want to rider very aggressive.

171cm Donek Incline. Mine is 24.5cm wide. Sean built this for me with the rubber damping he puts in his Saber models.

The board rails very respectably on groomers, and hauls @ss on ungroomed double-black steeps, loves pow, and nose rides.

I'm 6'2" floating around 215-225lbs. I use mondo 28 boots UPZ ATBs with stiffer black tongues and TD3 Step-Ins on yellow elastomers at angles of 50/45.

I had a 163 model but it was to soft for me to get aggressive with. Surlyguy has it now and is riding a similar set-up but with RC-10 boots. He's about 170lbs and is loving it for the same reasons I mentioned above.

BTW you really should measure your foot and find out what your mondo size is. It'll make it easier to get boots if you indicate mondo 30 or mondo 31.

Cheers,

Dave

I think a longer board would be cool as long as it still had a small radius. As far as my mondo size, even 31s are a tight fit. I usually wear a size 14us shoe. My feet are also pretty wide. I'm use to having boots that don't fit well. I've squeezed into size 12s before too just to try and prevent booting out. It would be best to try out different gear but I don't think anybody even rents it in southern california.

I think a longer board would be cool as long as it still had a small radius.

The 171 Incline is one of Sean's (Donek) softboot boards but it rides pretty well as a AM hardboot deck. He builds them with a VSR sidecut of 10m/12m which is a slalom sized sidecut. It's a directional twin, and if you decided you couldn't get on top of hardboots you could always look at mounting softies on it.

Without going into variable sidecut geometries, generally speaking most softboot boards have much smaller sidecut radii than hardboot decks. A small radius for a hardboot deck is about 10m (Slalom turns).

As far as my mondo size, even 31s are a tight fit. I usually wear a size 14us shoe. My feet are also pretty wide. I'm use to having boots that don't fit well. I've squeezed into size 12s before too just to try and prevent booting out.

Bootfitters are your best friend. A good bootfitter should be able to even extend a plastic shelled hardboot a bit for you.

It would be best to try out different gear but I don't think anybody even rents it in southern california.

Unfortunately the rental market ship for alpine equipment sailed along time ago. One of the nice things about our gear is that anything that is used has already depreciated in value a bunch. Therefore if you buy used gear on here you can generally resell it here later for close to purchase price. I know one guy who described it as feeling like he was renting a board for a season.

If you want to keep prices down you could probably pick up a set of used plates and boots and mount that system on your existing board. This would of course be highly dependent on what your current board is. That being said, I've heard that most board manufacturers don't build their boards to handle the stress that a plate binding can put on the insert pack.

Dave

• 1 month later...