Note to New Members ×

Uscsa

sfleck

I know there are a couple uscsa racers out there, so I thought I would pass on some news I just got, although your probably not going to like it. There was some scheduling glitch with nationals, and apparently Tim Longnecker, (for those of you who don't know him is the lazy ass director of uscsa) decided that the best way to solve the problem was to drop the parallel gs from the schedule. so the events at nationals will be only boardercross, and slopestyle. If you guys are as pissed about this as I am I would suggest sending him your thoughts in an email. Maybe if enough people respond, we can bother him enough to make him actually do something. If you want to see exactly what he said , drop me an email and I'll send it to you. So, give him a piece of your mind, and I'm gonna keep pushing the issue.

Steve Fleck

USCSA student rep.

sfleck05@hotmail.com

You have got to be F***in kidding me! I spend the last year trying to get some alpine races here in the Midwest, finally get them, then get told that we can't race at Nationals!!!!! That is BS! Steve, if you don't mind, I would really appreciate it if you can send me the transcript of what Tim said. I am gonna stop now before I say something I will regret.

Derek Krause (who almost didn't want to go carving today because of the news)

Guest Ghostrider

:mad: :mad:

I am definately not to happy to hear this news at all.

Not to be a jerk or anything, but this is the second year I have been screwed by uscsa because GS has taken a backseat to the skiiers. Do we need to make our own collegiate snowboarding league?! I mean snowboarding has only been an olympic sport for 9 years..yea..its "new"....

Im with Derek above there...we spent alot of money and time getting race teams together here in the Michigan Division so we could competitively compete at nationals instead of handing team trophies to the pacific northwest schools. I'm the president of the brand new Western Michigan University Snowboard Team and we have 15 racers this year (up from 4 last year as a ski team sideshow...). And University of Michigan has done the same and has produced a team of 10 (up from 2 last...). All together we are planning on 30 racers this year in the Michigan Division whereas last year we were lucky to get 8 people to show up to a race.

To top it all off, we got $16.00 from the university to pay for the season for the Ski AND Snowboard Teams (50 people), so its all out of our pockets and alot of my teamates are only racing to go to nationals, so I think if they are going to cancel it, they should at least refund our registration fees cuz we are gonna lose people off the team for sure.

Before I send an e-mail to Tim, I would like to maybe see the minutes of the meeting or something like that so I dont just sound like a whiny student.

Thanks for relaying the message though Steve. Keep me posted for SURE!

-Bill Hartman

WMU Snowboard Team President

ghostrider@midwestskibums.com

• 1 month later...

Real glad to see that the change was finally made. If you guys want a good laugh, go check out the uscsa website. The way they explain it they act like it was supposed to be a giant slalom all along. oh well, we got the result we wanted. See you all at nationals.

-Steve

January 22, 2004

To: USCSA Snowboard Athletes

Re: Events at the 2004 National Championships

When Sugarloaf bid for our National Championships two years ago the bid proposal

included two events for Snowboard: Dual GS and Halfpipe.

At the request of our Vice President for Snowboarding, and our Snowboard Student

Representatives, we have tried to change the Dual GS to a Boardercross. Unfortunately,

Sugarloaf simply does not have enough "person-power" to carry off this event successfully.

We find it necessary, as a result, particularly in order to ensure that we have a

quality event, to revert to the two events in Sugarloaf's initial bid: Dual GS and Halfpipe.

i guess we won...

Guest Ghostrider

Hey NMU, I thought you were gonna be at schuss this last weekend! But Jenny was the only one to represent the Superior division!! She told me a little bit about your division (then we got married on the chairlift...it was very special...:D haha)

U gonna make it to regionals?? How many racers do you U.P. folk got up there, eh?? How about nationals? is anybody making plans yet? where do we fly into/stay/eat/ride...etc..etc...etc...

Yea, I was supposed to race down there, but unfortunately, I sprained my shoulder on my last run at LaCrosse last weekend :( . All is good though, and I'll be in action at divisionals in Duluth this weekend, and at Regionals next week. As far as racers go, it's just me and Jenny here at NMU. The only other racer in the division is a kid from UW-LaCrosse. There should be quite a few racers at Regionals though. Marquette Univ. has about 10 or so, Northwestern also has a few, and there are a good number of people coming up from the Ohio Div., so It should be fun. As far as Nationals go, I am going to wait till after Regionals to make those plans. I am sure I could screw myself out of a trip to The Loaf in more than one way:D .

Guest Ghostrider

Well you dont need to qualify for nationals on a snowboard, I do believe...so that wasnt just a totally cocky statement on my part...its an "invitational with an open inviatation" as it was described in the past...

But hey Steve, can you correct me if I'm wrong?