Note to New Members ×

Whitefish Videos

johnasmo

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

West, looks to me like WTF 2014 is showing again.  Google renegotiates deals with the music rights holders from time to time, so some of my stuff will wink in and out over time.

I might as well add my injury saga to this thread.  They are not all about carving, but they are still Whitefish Mountain Resort videos:

Injury:

16 Weeks Post-Op:

25 Weeks Post-Op:

Not my video, but also found this video shot by a skier the following day.  He had one of those integrated goggle cameras; results are better than I expected from one of those.  Redman and Rick can be seen at the start, but then it's only me going down the New Cut side of Ptarmigan Bowl and then back on Bench Run to Corkscrew.  It was pretty icy from the Bench down, and he finally lost me on Corkscrew when he caught an edge:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
On 4/15/2013 at 4:39 PM, johnasmo said:

It seems a shame to let these languish buried on the Montana Ride board, so I'm starting a video thread for carving videos shot at Whitefish Mountain Resort.

Thank you.  One of the downsides of the thread consolidation is the loss of easy access to videos, especially if you don't know the name or reference to them.  What was once a common go to location for me is now lost in the noise 😞

2 hours ago, Eboot said:

Thank you.  One of the downsides of the thread consolidation is the loss of easy access to videos, especially if you don't know the name or reference to them.  What was once a common go to location for me is now lost in the noise 😞

So if you comment on a topic you automatically "follow" that topic or you can select the Follow button.  If you click on your username in the upper right you get a selection of Manage followed content.  This is a way to "bookmark" content you want to find amidst all the noise discussions.

23 minutes ago, lonbordin said:

So if you comment on a topic you automatically "follow" that topic or you can select the Follow button.  If you click on your username in the upper right you get a selection of Manage followed content.  This is a way to "bookmark" content you want to find amidst all the noise discussions.

Thank you.
However this only works if you are proactive about the topic.
All of the videos were moved before actions like this were possible and i did not think it was necessary when everything was in a single section.
Your advice is however valid and I appreciate this.  It was not my intent to complain here.

On 4/15/2013 at 1:39 PM, johnasmo said:

It seems a shame to let these languish buried on the Montana Ride board, so I'm starting a video thread for carving videos shot at Whitefish Mountain Resort.

First is some footage from the 2013 Whitefish Trench Festival (WTF). I didn't shoot much video, but we got a great set of action shots from the on-hill photographers, so the second half is a slide show culled from all the photos. Enjoy.

Next is some video from a day when the grooming crew did some of my favorite steep runs that are only occasionally groomed. The chair 5 chute, heep steep, powder trap... Normally ungroomed runs that only occassionally get smoothed out. I was riding with a buddy that was kind enough to shoot some video, but had a little trouble keeping me in frame when the going got steep -- he had to concentrate on his own riding then. The runs look steeper in person...

Great riding on some steep stuff!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dredman said:

93 turns down Big Ravine. 

A study in clean, apparently effortless, carving. Dave's body appears to do so little, balanced over the middle of the board, yet the board flows from edge, to edge, to edge, ..... board turning rider, not the other way round.

• Like 2