Note to New Members ×

Solar Powered Snowboard

piusthedrcarve

Well, if you are interested in engineering and technology revolutions in our sport, check out the latest developments from switzerland.

The laydown kangaroo all new new school raceboard with adjustable nose flex, aetti plate (full wood construction with steel suspension), fold away tail for more forgiveness and manouvrability during airtime and a rear spoiler for better aerodynamics.

The second board is the new Laydown Kangaroo full metal highspeed board with four edges and a 4km radius. It comes with customized plate construction. A demo can be viewed on youtube. Even if you don't understand the somewhat strange idiom, the performance of the first prototypes in the video speaks for itself.

post-5314-141842387627_thumb.jpg

post-5314-141842387629_thumb.jpg

Edited by pogokoenig

Pogo

This is absolutely hilarious, I am fluent in German so I can understand what they are talking about. These Swiss Guys have a great sense of humor.

The guy videoing them is basically asking them how their modifications are and getting some pretty funny feedback from the riders.

This could make for a funny idea at a session having folks enter with their snowboard ideas and make a run.

Edited by GeoffV

Intriguing from the tread, glass snowboard, I found this solar snowboard video in YouTube.

The stored energy can used for boot warmer, iphone charger, or GoPro..what else? My imagination ends there.

I've pretty much watched every episode of Signal Snowboards, Every Third Thursday. It looks like a fun group to be apart of. Really liked the episode where they hacked up a brand new Fender Bass and mounted it to a snowboard.

YT Every Third Thursday, lots of fun ideas.